X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello everyone,
    My name is Jeanette and I'm new to this great forum. I've been married for 20 years to a controling, sly, deceitful man. I feel so stupid for staying so long for the sake of fear and my kids.
    I finally got the courage to file for a separation a year ago and its been a very, very ruff road. I gave this man everything I had. I will end up homeless and completely broke by he time he is finished with me. Its so great to be able to come to this forum and vent! Thank you!!

Going through a separation & divorce is one of life's most stressful times. Try not be beat yourself up so much. I know it's hard not to, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Not knowing the details of your case, or if your currently employed, but 20 years would be considered a long term marriage and you should be entitled to spousal support.

Welcome aboard and keep venting, were here to listen.

Comment

Thank You

Hi Grace, thank you for your quick and kind response!!
      I live in Ontario and I'm self employed. I have a small residential cleaning business. I also offer other sevices for my clients such as painting, pet sitting, gardening, errands for my senior clients.
      Again, this is such a great site. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Good Sunday's sunshine!

Good on you Sunday!
        You really have the guts.
        I am new here too but I have not introduced myself yet.
        It is too long to tell. Need time to shorten it.

Comment

Palden...never too long

Hi Palden. Thanks for your reply...no guts, just servival instincts. Needed to earn money and have a flexible work schedule for my kids.
          Please share your story...never too long. Once you start typing the words will flow and you will feel better!!

Comment

Hi Sunday and welcome to the forums! Please feel free to ask any questions you have or just to share your story.
            Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Thanks

Hello, thank you for welcoming me to the forum.
              I do have alot of questions... need to sort out in my mind first where to start.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X