What to do next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do next?

Tonight I found my garage doors were locked from inside and outside by someone....probably my ex(previously charged for an abuse). He left his junk of old cars in my garage about 4 years ago(already separated), but I didn't make fuss about then since I had enough space for my car.
    Now he was upset on his situation and revenging me by locking the garage door so I can't park my car!!! Can he do such a thing?? Isn't this a harrasment?

The police told me to report if I found anything inside is missing or damaged. We haven't split the asset yet...

Void a separation agreement clearly stating what is his and what is yours, he basically still has ownership. I had a situation where the ex came and took “a lot” of things and the police basically could do nothing without some guidelines as to who owned what. In their eyes he took his belongings. He had not ceased to be an owner.
    I suggest that you get an agreement even temporarily in place to show that anything you have in your position is yours, save for the cars he owns etc, so should he come back and take things, you can legally charge him with breaking/entering and theft. Then you can work on the particulars of the items and assets etc to get a final order of asset splitting.

Comment

Ok...but he lives in the house where my name is on (we have 2 houses under our names) ans we have been living where we both agreed.... Does that mean I can lock his house where still contains my personal stuff? (Ofc ause I won't do that..). I've been asking him to return my garage openr (he still has a copy) and remove his cars and boxes from my garage, but he does not do anything. Can I just have his car and boxes removed and leave in front of his house then? Yes, I hear you that we need "document" to be signed.... but he has been refusing to sign anything. I think it's time to file the requesr to the court...

Comment

It sounds like he simply is being very difficult.
        You may have to have a separation agreement drawn up and perhaps need to have the issue taken to court to resolve if he continues to do as he is doing.
        No one deserve to have to worry if when they come home one day if their doors will be open, (or locked out), or have things missing.
        I'd try one more attempt at sending a written request to get an agreement in place, even if it is a bare bones temporary agreement to state that he has the one house and you have the other, (even though both names are on them) and include basic possessions and request to have any keys/door openers etc returned to the respective person for the home they occupy. If this fails to get him to sign then you may have no other choice but to take the issue to court. I would think that the courts would see your anxiety and award the agreement at least in the interim until things can be finalized. And then you'd be able to sleep at night and not worry what you'll come home to at the end of the day.

Comment

garage opended!

Thanks for your advice, FL_Needs_To_Change.
          Today, when I came back the lock was gone and I got the access back, but there were unknown metal pieces added to his junk..

Yes, we need the agreements but I just know that attempt will be wasted from the last 4 years experiences (tried mediators, colaborative lawyers, but ended up with no results). I started to making a list of my request and supporting facts regards to the property division and custody including the exclusive possesion of the marital house where I've living with my child. I need to find someone to finalize the document into the court document....

Comment

Your local court house can be a wealth of information and guidance.
            And they may even offer a range of lawyers to contact to get this into a final agreement though the courts.

Best of luck!
            FL

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X