Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some tips to protect yourself in case of divorce?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some tips to protect yourself in case of divorce?

What are some tips you guys have to protect yourself in case of a divorce?

If for example, you are a generally wealthy person and your spouse is less stellar financially. You wish to marry her but you feel that it would be rude to upright tell her of a prenuptial agreement.

What are some precautions that you can take to protect your assets if you don't get a prenuptial agreement?

In my ex's case... own nothing but debt!.. heh

Comment

It's very simple, if she/he won't sign a prenup....walk!

To me it's cut and dry, and should be the law that all couples must sign a prenup. It's about love and starting a life....the prenup protects everyone involved.

Don't make my mistake some 17 years ago....I had one written up and she agreed to it....but didn't get independent legal advise. This meant it was worthless and she cleaned me out of huge amounts of family money and hard earned money from pre relationship. Make sure your future spouse signs in front of their own lawyer!

Hope that helps

Comment

Forget about being rude suggesting a prenup. You have to get one. If you don't and you do divorce you are up the creek. Talk to a lawyer about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncebitten1 View Post
          Forget about being rude suggesting a prenup. You have to get one. If you don't and you do divorce you are up the creek. Talk to a lawyer about that.

Is this creek filled with poo? Does it include a paddle?

I hope there are no holes in the canoe!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X