Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2005, 07:02 PM
macbren macbren is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2
macbren is on a distinguished road
Unhappy bren

Hello there
I need some advice for my fiance. He is supporting his 12 yr old and soon to be 15 yr old. His 15 yr old moved out of mothers home just over a month ago and moved in with maternal grandparents. Tim has no issues supporting his children but child support being what it may means that he is giving money to his ex wife to support a child . a court order has two ends. money is to go to where the child is and exspouse is to pay this. the way we see it is he should be paying half to his ex for his son and the other half he walks over to the grandparents and now the ex wife should have her turn on supporting the daughter as well by paying monies to her parents. If the child is no longer physically in the house, then in esssence that child support cheque becomes alimony and that is not in the court order. what legal rights does my fiance have in this case.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Grace Grace is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 860
Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

You would need to go back to court and get the court order changed. I believe this is what they call a material change in circumstance. I don't think your fiance would have any problems getting the courts to amending the original agreement, under these circumstances.

Good Luck
Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 PM.