Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:41 PM

peterthefarmer is on a distinguished road
Default Need a lawyer to deal with a narcissist

I need a lawyer in the Ottawa area(preferably towards the east end) to help me with my divorce.

I have been separated 3.5 years. separation agreement signed 1.5 years ago, and the division of property a few weeks later.

Three weeks ago I filed for divorce. Last week My ex filed a motion to gain sole custody of our two children(currently 50/50). she is after full child support, as well as full spousal support. As well as retroactive support going back two years.

I am a mechanic not a psychiatrist, but all the research I have done over the past few years says the same; Narcissistic personality disorder.

The other issue I have is that my ex is a lawyer. So she is incredibly intelligent as well as knowing the law. I need a lawyer Who knows how to deal with this type of personality?
Old 02-05-2018, 10:39 PM

Kinso is an unknown quantity at this point

Interview three lawyers. Ideally:

- Who do family law exclusively, or >85% of their files;
- At least 5 years of experience; and
- Who you have a good gut feeling about

All lawyers have deal with more than their share of people with cluster B personality disorders. It comes with the territory.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:02 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

you have a signed separation agreement that should of dealt with the child custody and SS.

Your ex is a lawyer and you are an automotive tech so I figure she makes more then you do so why does she think she is entitled to support? Unless she isnt working as a lawyer?

Dont try to analyze yours exs mental state. You are not qualified to do that no matter how much reading you may have done. You are emotionally involved so cannot form an unbiased opinion.

From what I have read here she is barking up the wrong tree as I cannot see where she would be entitled to change the agreement. What are her reasons to go for sole now?
Old 02-06-2018, 11:56 AM

piggybanktoex is on a distinguished road

Talk to a lawyer.

But relax a bit.

I assume that you have had the kids 50-50 for several years now. Read status quo. That should deal with full table CS issue.

She has to prove needed support and as a lawyer, practicing or not, a salary should be inputted to her. Plus she has not received SS to date? That should also help.

A lot of women are horrible about their ex's money....they really feel entitled to all of it. Lawyer up, it will be cheaper in the long run.

Just because she wants it, doesn't mean she will get it.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:49 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Your ex doesn't have a personality disorder. 1-2% of the population has a personality disorder.

Read this and stop the nonsense: http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=19845