Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:02 PM

denbigh is on a distinguished road

I dont know what the technical requirements are, but I would think that if a 16 year old can get a passport on their own, and teens can get on a plane all by themselves and travel alone, It seems unlikely there would be any issues. Would a 16 teen year old have to have a letter from a parent to get on a plane and fly alone? I dont think so, but I am not really sure.

In my experience travelling with children alone, without dad, when married, and when separated, the only place I was ever asked to produce a letter was coming back into Canada. Which seems fairly counterproductive, since we are coming home. I have not ever been asked by another country for paperwork to prove I have consent to travel, which is quite worrisome.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:58 AM

momof2teenboys is on a distinguished road

Thanks all!

I'm going to take the email from him and hope they don't bother asking anyways.

I've been asked on trips in the past. Once or twice when still married, and once again while separated. All three times the kids were into their teens - and yes, denbigh, once we were returning home - what was the point of that? The only thing I've learned is that border agents can make their own call on what they need to allow entry.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:07 AM

ifonlyihadknown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by denbigh View Post
In my experience travelling with children alone, without dad, when married, and when separated, the only place I was ever asked to produce a letter was coming back into Canada. Which seems fairly counterproductive, since we are coming home. I have not ever been asked by another country for paperwork to prove I have consent to travel, which is quite worrisome.
lol. I had the same experience. Only ever asked on the way home. "Yes, officer, I kidnapped my child to go to my home country for 5 weeks but got tired of taking care of him so decided to come back."
Old 02-05-2018, 06:14 PM

sahibjee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonlyihadknown View Post
lol. I had the same experience. Only ever asked on the way home. "Yes, officer, I kidnapped my child to go to my home country for 5 weeks but got tired of taking care of him so decided to come back."
hahahaha.... did they put you on the counter and spank you for the answer?

lol same happened with me once when I was coming back .. and I asked "ma'am no one checked if I had the documents when I left, i dont think he's in danger when we are coming back" the lady goes "yeah but you are still crossing an international border" .. luckily i had the court order showing I dont need consent from the other parent.