Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:54 AM
Janus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Stillbreathing View Post
I have so little respect for CC and TMC that I don’t even attend anymore. Send my lawyer without me. I have better things to do with my time . Like earn a living and feed my kids.

Wouldn't it be more cost effective to just represent yourself at the CC? Unless you earn more than $300/hour at your day job of course.

I needed a lawyer because I was overwhelmed. If you don't care about the CC, then why do you need a lawyer?
Old 02-12-2018, 12:29 PM
zanman is on a distinguished road

All in All I guess this Judge gives you a perspective on how the case will look going forward. Yes You pay for your Lawyer. Now I have to decide how far I really want to take this.
Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM
denbigh is on a distinguished road

It was a very interesting day.. to some it all up the Judge recommended paying her a lump some to end this and suggested we come to a number so we don't waste any more money the both of us really don't have.. told us a full trial will be 50 to 80 thousand dollars and it will be allot cheaper for us to settle on a number and move on with our lives..
Did the judge recommend an amount to settle at? Were both at completely opposing sides of yes spousal support/no spousal support, or was it that there the number was in dispute?