Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2017, 03:53 PM
lplp lplp is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 85
lplp is on a distinguished road
Default court order ,and fro ,and ongoing support,pension

did trial,didnt argue the pension amount,it was valuated and ex is receiving 791 a month now.

judge ruled spousal support of 480 a month until i am 65 unless she finds a job(not going to happen)

2 kids reside with me since seperation ,and judge ruled cs into the agreement for those 5 years but no cs after trial.

so now i am paying 791 plus the 480 ,this leaves me with roughly 1500 a month to pay my mortgage ,bills etc from my pension ,as i am recently unable to work now(permanment handicap now) and only surviving on my pension.

couldnt afford a lawyer if i tried ,

i am basically broke and not sure if i can survive while the kids continue there education.

doing the figuring on the amount she is receiving ,it brings her up to the threshold of paying child support and if she is getting government disability she is making more than me.

should i go and get the spousal changed with a motion and ask for child support ,or is this a no brainer and i should be able to get legal aid now..

just some thoughts on how being the good parent gets you nothing .

Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:27 PM
HammerDad HammerDad is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 3,732
HammerDad will become famous soon enough

I would request c/s, that is pretty much a slam dunk. I am shocked that the judge wouldn't order ongoing c/s, it seems very odd. How old are the kids? It sounds as though they are college age, but unclear. It may make a difference on the judges reasoning, but not likely.

If the kids are still within the "child of marriage" definition under the Act, C/S is a right of the child and an easy request. The legal fees to obtain are also tax deductible.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amend Order or Small Claims for Collection of Court Costs? Other options? odinn Financial Issues 9 11-10-2014 07:50 PM
Section 7 and Final Court Order motherbear4 Financial Issues 18 06-10-2014 12:17 PM
Spousal/Child Support Question Jenny Divorce & Family Law 6 10-01-2013 01:01 AM
Will the Court order a weekend change??? monksamillion Divorce & Family Law 16 04-28-2010 05:54 PM
Changes to Court Order KLM27 Divorce & Family Law 4 01-03-2010 06:55 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 AM.