requirements to properly disclose information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• requirements to properly disclose information

Is there anything written in the law or anywhere really that declares a person is required to declare to the other party post divorce, specifically:
    - A major change in their financial position
    - The cohabitation with a new partner, particularly when it started

They are obligated to share updates to their income for child support purposes which is found in a supreme court case with DBS in the name.

Unless they are claiming hardship, any change to their relationship has no impact. Their income is the only thing that impacts child support.

Spousal support may be different and if you are the payor and your agreement has a clause that repartnering means no spousal then it impacts it. Otherwise their relationship means nothing.

Comment

Yes my agreement states spousal ends after 2 years cohabitation. Even though it's no secret, I was never notified, and the start date of this will be in dispute. I just wanted to see if there's anywhere that specifically requires proper notice to be given so I can add it to the list of shady runarounds I've been given...

Comment

Request employment benefit information and tax information. Both of those are official places people to claim cohabitation early and usually people sign up for benefits and tax breaks.

In my case, I was trying to prove cohabitation before marriage. Ex claimed we didn't live together but then had to explain why he was on my benefits at work and we filed joint taxes. LOL.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X