Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to apply for substituted service from the courts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to apply for substituted service from the courts?

It looks like my attempts to serve the respondent for a divorce application are failing due to active evasion from the respondent to the process server.

Please -let's not talk about all the various methods in which one can improve probability of serving successfully - working on this with professionals.

--------

What do I need to do in order to ask a judge for substituted service? Do I go back to the courts and file a motion or something? Is there a form I fill out?

I'll have the multiple affidavit of services as well as the video recording from each attempt from the process server. I'm not sure

1) What do I have to do to apply for substituted service
    2) What do I have to bring to court?
    3) If there are forms to fill out ahead of time, what forms do I have to fill out?
    4) Are there additional fees to do so?

Thanks all. You've all been fantastic.

Not sure what you could have done, but you can tell us how you went about this, perhaps some one else would benefit.

Comment

you can serve by mail or courier. review the Rules.

Comment

Originally posted by mathatter89 View Post
        It looks like my attempts to serve the respondent for a divorce application are failing due to active evasion from the respondent to the process server.

Please -let's not talk about all the various methods in which one can improve probability of serving successfully - working on this with professionals.

--------

What do I need to do in order to ask a judge for substituted service? Do I go back to the courts and file a motion or something? Is there a form I fill out?

I'll have the multiple affidavit of services as well as the video recording from each attempt from the process server. I'm not sure

1) What do I have to do to apply for substituted service
        2) What do I have to bring to court?
        3) If there are forms to fill out ahead of time, what forms do I have to fill out?
        4) Are there additional fees to do so?

Thanks all. You've all been fantastic.
        An order on consent, failing which you can motion by way of 14B.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X