Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2017, 12:16 PM
tmsrtl tmsrtl is offline
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 70
tmsrtl is on a distinguished road
Default travel consent

would you consider asking to get travel-consent and giving the other side 3 weeks reasonable time given, if the trip comes up in summer!?

i need to book flights and places to stay
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:32 PM
trinton trinton is offline
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,705
trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

been through it (successfully ) and I'll let you know how to best handle it.

Questions to ask your self:

1. Are you travelling during other parents time?, or your own parenting time?
2. Does your child have a passport?
3. What does your order say about travel ?

This is usually how it would happen:

If child has a passport:
1. Find out the dates you will be travelling.
2. Send her a notice A.S.A.P, letting her know you plan on travelling on those dates, you will require travel consents, child's passport, etc. Tell her to let you know if she has any questions by X date.
3. wait until X date, and see what she says. then depending on what she says , you can likely go ahead and book your trip and send her a follow up notice with the full travel ternary items, tell her to sign the consent and return to you by Y date.
4. wait until Y date and follow up. If she hasn't signed, tell her, you will have to file a motion to wave her right to consent, and to get the child's passport, if she doesn't consent. Let her know you hope that will not be necessarily and look forward to getting the consent back by Z date.
5. If she still hasn't signed, file your motion - You will win and you will collect your costs.

If child doesn't have passport, let her know you plan on travelling, and you need her to attend the passport office with you to apply for a passport. tell her to get back to you by X date. If she doesn't get back to you, tell her you will have to file a motion to wave her consent to apply for the child's passport and that you will apply for yourself. If she still doesn't cooperate, then proceed with motion - you will win and you will collect your costs.

Then proceed with the travel consent process. It won't have to be so difficult if your kids other-parent is reasonable person.

Last edited by trinton; 03-09-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Consent Form alice wong Divorce & Family Law 26 03-08-2017 11:15 AM
Advice Sought - Passport & Consent for Travel Gilligan Divorce & Family Law 2 03-01-2016 01:06 PM
Travel Consent FB_ Parenting Issues 18 04-05-2015 02:51 PM
Travel consent gatekeeping and parenting coordination LearningToFly Divorce & Family Law 11 12-10-2014 07:33 PM
Travel Consent FB_ Parenting Issues 13 11-21-2012 05:40 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:06 AM.