Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2017, 02:07 PM
Sam Sung Sam Sung is offline
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 45
Sam Sung is on a distinguished road
Default The spin off effect when one party goes against the legal separation agreement

This case has started me thinking .

Schikolenko v McLellan, 2017 ONSC 111 (CanLII)
Date: 2017-01-05
Docket: FS-16-201-00
Citation: Schikolenko v McLellan, 2017 ONSC 111 (CanLII),

Brief history , 50 - 50 shared and joint custody of children . Week on - week off arrangement since day 1. Both children go to school, doctor , dentist and organized sports within walking distance of fathers house .

Mother used to live a few blocks away from fathers residence. Kids used to bike back and forth between houses to visit, play with neighborhood friends etc.

Mother and father both signed a legal written separation agreement stating that " the parties will live near each other so that the children will have frequent contact with both parents. Neither party will move the children's residence from suburb X without first providing 90 days written notice to the other party and obtaining their written consent or a court order "

Mother decides to move in with boyfriend who lives 30 KM away in a town outside the city .

No notice is given to father, obviously no written consent from father to mother and no court order either .

Now father no longer can see kids during the 7 day gap, kids don't see their friends after school for 7 days and if they forget something at mothers place , it is either a 30 minute drive each way for the father or they go without .

Mother recently announces that older child ( 14 years of age ) might get a part time minimum wage job in their town for the summer and father will have to drive back and forth each day to bring him and pick him up .

Father believes travel time and gas money spent pretty much cancels out the PT income for the young man . Might as well have him do chores around the house for the same amount of money .

Can father ask courts to step in with regards to this breach of their legal separation agreement with regards to residences ?

Has anyone dealt with this type of scenario before and what is the anticipated outcome ?

My gut feeling is that unless the kids are in physical danger the courts won't likely do anything .

Thoughts ?
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Tayken's Avatar
Tayken Tayken is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,664
Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Lots already posted here:
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sample Separation Agreement - No support - Part1 cigar7 Financial Issues 8 09-30-2016 07:36 AM
court isn't enforcing separation agreement - now "alienated kids" mcr Divorce & Family Law 12 11-03-2015 11:03 PM
Changes to Separation Agreement jimy13 Divorce & Family Law 2 05-03-2012 10:57 AM
Sample Parenting Plan first timer Parenting Issues 11 11-18-2011 01:54 AM
Questions about legal separation mommyof2 Financial Issues 3 11-04-2005 10:26 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 PM.