Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2017, 01:57 PM
nomad nomad is offline
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 72
nomad is on a distinguished road
Default she has both boys wants one to live with me yet i pay her support for both

my ex has had custody of both my boys for 6 years now
the youngest is 14 and is failing school , like really bad , she wants him to come live with me for the new semester and go to another school , I said yes , now she claims i will still pay full support to her and next September he would go back to living with her .
first off not a chance in hell . i say if she is shipping him off to me I plan on going to court and getting full custody of him and no support paid to her ,
she has one child I have one child why would she get support for both , money grabbing bitch ,
any thoughts on how this will be ruled in court
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:03 PM
Links17 Links17 is offline
Hand of Justice
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the Shadows
Posts: 3,155
Links17 is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't discuss child support. Say sure, after you fix your kid's schooling ; 3-6 months then file a motion to change support.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:47 AM
Janus's Avatar
Janus Janus is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,382
Janus will become famous soon enough

I agree, don't discuss support now. Say something along the lines of a generic "I'm sure we will be able to work something out that is fair for both of us".

Once kid has come to live with you for a bit, then you go for retroactive support.

If you attack now, you can lose. Even worse, if you can attack now your ex may suddenly decide that she doesn't actually want to pay CS after all and would rather keep custody. No judge will strip custody away from a mother who isn't mentally unstable or doing drugs.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:40 PM
Links17 Links17 is offline
Hand of Justice
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the Shadows
Posts: 3,155
Links17 is on a distinguished road

In fact what I would really do is.....
I would get custody of first, turn his life around and make him better

Then I would file for custody of the second + child support for both on the basis that
1. First child has come to live with you (= significant change)

Once a significant change of circumstance has occured in custody matters
The judges are more liberally allowed to do a full reassessment and "re- decide" custody. Notwithstanding, you argue that the mom is a failure as a parent since child #1 was failing school and you don't want to repeat same problem with child #2 (this is obviously contingent on getting some improvement from child #1)

Then you argue that it is a judicial priority to keep siblings together.

Then you argue they are boys and benefit from being around same sex parent.

Then you get paid tonnes of CS and you can go sniff crack and buy hookers.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:56 PM
arabian's Avatar
arabian arabian is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 10,051
arabian will become famous soon enough

Your ex is, in her own way, asking for your assistance. I assume this is due to the poor academics.

I would suggest that you 'walk before you run' and put your energy into doing what is best for the child. If, after a significant period of time, the living situation and academics show notable change, then a change in support could be sought. No one knows for sure if the child would drop out of school and living situation go back to the way it is now.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:52 PM
trinton trinton is offline
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,705
trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I would take the kids for half of the semester and file a motion for interim custody and that they don't go back to the mom in September as per her request. Argue that the child have shown improvement under your care and are thriving. And then you deal with child support after.

You have to realize that 99.9% of women in this game are after child and spousal support. Most of them don't give a crap about you or your kids. They just want your money and want to keep you under their thumb. I have not dealt with family law in other countries so I will not claim that this is true only in Canada but Canada is the only country that I have personally witnessed this in. Soon as child support comes in question, forget getting your child, even if they are flunking in school, she just wants child support in disguise - most of them do.
Reply With Quote

custody -child support

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sample Separation Agreement - No support - Part1 cigar7 Financial Issues 8 09-30-2016 07:36 AM
2 support payers for one child? Teddie Financial Issues 24 09-23-2015 09:54 AM
child support while child is in university verytiredmother Divorce & Family Law 43 01-13-2013 04:02 AM
When child support ends... paris Financial Issues 3 04-23-2010 11:04 PM
Child Support: Guidelines vs "I Want Money!" #1StepMom Divorce & Family Law 25 12-22-2009 12:50 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 AM.