Ending Child Support in Quebec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ending Child Support in Quebec

I currently live in Ontario and my daughter and my ex wife live in Quebec. I was paying my child support faithfully and then when my daughter turned 20 i contacted FRO in Ontario and i filed an application to amend child support agreement stating that my daughter was over 18 and not going to school. Ex wife could not dispute it so FRO in Ontario sent me a letter stating that i was finished paying child support. This happened about 3 years ago.
    This year my income tax refund was seized by Revenue Quebec for child support owing. They say i currently owe $27k!!! They said i have to go to court to end child support. Does anyone have any advice. Are there forms i can fill out and send in to Quebec or do i have to go to Quebec or get a lawyer. This is going to get very expensive. Any thoughts of anyone with experience with this would be greatly appreciated.

There is something called SARPA
    https://www.sarpaquebec.ca/
    Its a cheap service to modify child support on consent

If you are ex is compliant should work out.

How were you paying child support? This just seems like a bureacratic issue...

Comment

Was your original order from Ontario or Quebec court?

Comment

It was in Quebec.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X