Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judge breaks up with high conflict couple...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge breaks up with high conflict couple...

Judge breaks up with couple in high conflict divorce - British Columbia - CBC News

So many things wrong with this story.

Lame judge for sure IMO. If he can't make Orders (which are really what people want when they go to court) then he should perhaps seek another occupation. Keeping these people "out of court" for 2 years will only perpetuate the problem.

Mother breastfeeding a 4 year old is ridiculous. Telling a mother to quit breastfeeding is equally ridiculous. The appropriate thing to do would have been to put in place a parenting schedule wherein the mother would no longer be able to use breastfeeding as a family law tool (ie. 50/50). Similar process is already in place with mobility orders - parent's aren't told where they can live, rather an Order is in place for geographic restrictions on where the child resides. This isn't 'thinking out side the box" rather it is merely using legal precedents already in existence.

I hope one of the parents appeals the Order and requests another judge.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      Lame judge for sure IMO. If he can't make Orders (which are really what people want when they go to court) then he should perhaps seek another occupation. Keeping these people "out of court" for 2 years will only perpetuate the problem.
      Which is the epitome of my frustration with the system these days. My motion to modify child support was initiated in July 2015.

Both kids have moved out of her house to attend University. I've saved their RESP since birth and wanted nothing more than to get them through University without worrying about money. She is mega high conflict, has never worked, and is loaded through inheritances. All that said, this is really just basic arithmetic.

Judge at last full blown Motion hearing "gave up" on us and said "go work it out for yourselves".... he will see us for a "Settlement Conference" in September, which I know will go absolutely nowhere.

At a full Motion, judges should not simply be able to "give up".

The damage this system is doing to my Children is beyond inexcusable.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X