Offended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offended

Great article...and this is present on the form.

Impolite Society: I'm Offended, He's Offended, They're Offended, We're Offended

Interesting too.

Stop Being Offended Today: 3 Cures for Everything That Irritates You

Comment

Yes it is a great article.

Sorry if I offended anyone here. I believe that when you are posting on an anonymous forum, such as this, you have less concerns on " offending" people.

Most people on this forum have spent a good deal of time communicating to ex and all in a measured legally correct way and once on the forum can have a rant now and again on things that irritates them.

Hey no one knows who I really am so I can call it as I see it. Well to a point. I would not want to get banned!

Comment

Interesting article good_mom.

Being of a certain age (late fifties) I was raised to measure my words and to do my best not to offend others - easier said than done though I try to remember there's a human being with feelings on the other end of the debate.

Nowadays with the anonymity of the Internet, a lot of people simply let it out as they see fit.

Look at Donald Trump's unbelievable popularity for instance - he's a pure nut case IMO, but people are so fed up with being politically correct all the time that they respect "the Donald" for his "in your face" honesty.

Comment

I follow a very simple rule to not offend people - don't ever insult the people, insult what their words or actions but not them. Also backup/substantiate everything you say... People might not LIKE what you say but you don't get banned too often and people recognize you for telling the truth.

The other thing I've found is that more often than not when I've made "outlandish" accusations that I've been right, I've in fact been PMed by several lurkers who have told me that I was on the spot when I called out some posters on BS they have been posting.

I also find that by getting attacked by others by skin thickens and has prepared me for court.
          Last edited by Links17; 02-26-2016, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X