Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Applicant or Respondent?

I am in a panic here..am I Applicant or Respondent in this case:

My husband initiated the divorce several years ago.

He has now served me with a Form 14: Notice of Motion, and Form 14A: Affidavit (General). Husband is Applicant and I am Respondent.

I am responding with my own Form 14: Notice of Motion, and Form 14A: Affidated (General). I am asking that his motion should be adjourned to a later date as I am seeking a new lawyer and need time. When I am filling out my forms, do I become the Applicant and my husband the Respondent, or am I always the respondent.

As the court will hear the motion on March 25th, I need advice soon!

Thank you.l

Originally posted by beatendown View Post
    I am in a panic here..am I Applicant or Respondent in this case:

My husband initiated the divorce several years ago.

He has now served me with a Form 14: Notice of Motion, and Form 14A: Affidavit (General). Husband is Applicant and I am Respondent.

I am responding with my own Form 14: Notice of Motion, and Form 14A: Affidated (General). I am asking that his motion should be adjourned to a later date as I am seeking a new lawyer and need time. When I am filling out my forms, do I become the Applicant and my husband the Respondent, or am I always the respondent.

As the court will hear the motion on March 25th, I need advice soon!

Thank you.l
    You're the respondent.

Comment

Once the respondent, always the respondent.

Comment

Once the respondent, always the respondent.
        Even if you initiate new proceedings with a motion to change down the road, you will still be the Respondent.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X