Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 02:13 PM

puravida is on a distinguished road
Default anyone recommend a lawyer in welland , st catherines or niagara?

just wondering if anyone has had any good luck with a competant lawyer in that area?
I have a very high conflict ex have spent close to $15000 dollars since the fall of 2010 and nothing to show for it. we have only had our first case conference
Old 03-19-2013, 02:40 PM

puravida is on a distinguished road

she filed first i replied then she replied to my answer she stalled a lot on our requests as her 13:1 was way out to lunch, and she still hasnt provided a proper one.
we had a case conference and an ocl was ordered,
in the meantime we tried mediation on two occasions.
niether lawyer is pushing it. my lawyer told me to let her drive it as she will bear the cost so i sat back and followed his advice.to my own detriment
letters sent back and forth.
a lot of costs were me calling to alert him of all the verbal abuse in the house, 3 times she tried to have me arrested

we got a report from the ocl and filed a dispute , several draft orders done and a draft offer nothing ever seems to get done.

i just want to find someone that says . this is what needs to get done, theses are the steps and follows through.
i feel my previous lawyer was in it for the money as he even said this is a million dollar file and you both have the ability to pay huge legal bills once settled .

my new lawyer , well, i think is just a tad incompetent and doesnt even know my file, way too much redundancy sends paperwork to me to go over i make two pages of corrections and then sends it back and it is still wrong.

im just very frustrated at the whole process
Closed Thread