Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 12:20 AM
danna danna is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14
danna is on a distinguished road
Default any help

Hello .... I wish I can get an answer or help from any one here .
Ok I been separated for almost 4 yrs finally we got settlement regarding access for 2 Kids 16 refuse seeing dad, 12 by law he has to see him every other weekend , but the issue of CS is not done due to him not working
I found out that he works for his old employer in different name as a contractor and at the same time he is getting Ontario works because he is not working under his real name.... my question how do I get him for committing this fraud I have a lawyer but he can not help with any thing because of the privacy act also he will charge more for any investgation he will do and I told him to hold evey thing for now to see what is my option in getting him caught .
I thought of hiring a privet investigator to go after him but it's going to cost a lot of money ...any idea where to go and what to do he did not pay any CS for the past 3 yrs because he is not working but he drive an expensive car and for sure put it under the GFs name I did a contempt motion telling him that I know he works and gets money his answer was that he is still on OW.... he works as a truck driver and he cross border on daily basis
any help or suggestion is appriciated
Old 04-19-2012, 06:13 AM
NBDad's Avatar
NBDad NBDad is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 2,734
NBDad is on a distinguished road

Contact OW anonymously and give them the details you have available. Then stop worrying about it.

Impute him an income based on what he COULD be making with his skills/experience. Do some job searches via jobbank, Monster, Workopolis, Careerbeacon or similar to show that there ARE jobs available.

Unless they are on disability, there is NO reason for an able bodied person to be on OW. I hear Mcdonald's and Tim Horton's are hiring.

If you can prove there are a number of available jobs that he COULD be working/applying for, then go for imputing him on that range. If not, impute full time hours @ min wage.

There is a process to engage for situations like these. You failed to do so. Hindsight, 20-20, etc. It's probably not worth pursuing retro, given it'll cost you as much if not more money in legal fees, as you'd recup in CS payments.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:43 AM
standing on the sidelines standing on the sidelines is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 5,274
standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

working under the table is one thing, under a false name is another. How can you be sure he is working under a false name? Unless you have absolute proof i would leave it alone, makes you look like a high conflict person.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:54 AM
hadenough's Avatar
hadenough hadenough is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,468
hadenough is on a distinguished road

Have you contacted FRO? They have a "Good Parents Pay" dept that you might try reporting this to.

As well: CRA has an informant line that you can give information to. They won't confirm anything about him w/you, but they will take down his information.

Finally, if you do have proof - contact OW as well.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:01 PM
danna danna is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14
danna is on a distinguished road

thank you all for the reply .....I'll see what I can do wish me good luck
Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seeking lawyer for separation agreement yfaway Divorce & Family Law 0 11-16-2011 12:40 PM
Father seeking sole custody jholmes2 Common Law Issues 3 10-25-2011 03:37 PM
Ontario to force couples seeking divorce to attend mediation session Canucks Introductions 15 08-12-2011 11:40 AM
Extraordinary expenses - seeking opinions lee1869 Divorce & Family Law 3 04-07-2010 09:01 AM
I am a child seeking legal advice childofdivorce Divorce & Family Law 1 07-13-2006 02:30 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:21 PM.