This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoa! It's so Quiet

So I'm finally legally separated, living in my own house, sharing custody with my boys dad. It's been almost 2 months. First month was very busy, moving, getting kids into school routine between the two houses.
    Now things have gotten more routine. Kids are at their dads this weekend and I'm sitting here kinda stunned and not sure what to do with myself.
    I find that I wake up on the days the kids aren't here feeling very confused with the situation. I have to get busy immediately!
    I didn't get busy this morning and I've slipped into a funk. I gotta get doing something. Some days are just weird.

Enjoy it... often times, we get so busy with the children, we forget to take care of ourselves.

I think one of the positive things that comes out of shared parenting is the fact that the children have a chance to have happier parents because the parents now have time to take care of their own needs. One thing I have always told others is that old saying, "you can't make anyone else happy, if you are not happy yourself". I feel the same goes with parenting... as parents if we do not take care of our own needs from time to time, this ends up rubbing off on the children.

I hope things remain to be routine for you!

Comment

I was talking to my 6 year old the other day and i asked how he was doing with the house to house changes and he said that it wasn't great but he said life is alot more "peaceful" now- he actually used that word! so i guess something's going right eventhough it feels weird. I see on meetup.com there is a horseback riding trip going on at 1pm, I'm gonna give it a go. That really is a good website. Ok, keep busy and enjoy the time- they are back tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by Karver View Post
        So I'm finally legally separated, living in my own house, sharing custody with my boys dad. It's been almost 2 months. First month was very busy, moving, getting kids into school routine between the two houses.
        Now things have gotten more routine. Kids are at their dads this weekend and I'm sitting here kinda stunned and not sure what to do with myself.
        I find that I wake up on the days the kids aren't here feeling very confused with the situation. I have to get busy immediately!
        I didn't get busy this morning and I've slipped into a funk. I gotta get doing something. Some days are just weird.
        I always power cleaned (actually still do when I feel edgy) the entire house including the curtains and blinds each week. My husband knows I'm upset when I dive into the tupperware cupboard and start purging or re-clean a bathroom or hand wash the floors that was just cleaned the day before. My sister went a different route and joined the running room. Find something that works for you.

Comment

Join a radical feminist organization and post your experiences here on the forum. Better yet, take a course in history of women's rights and give people ^^^ a refresher course.

Keep your sense of humor, go to movies and think about volunteering somewhere over the Christmas season. Meals on wheels, food bank can really use your help. You'll soon be out of the funk and feeling better. Too much idle time isn't good for some people.

Comment

I went horseback riding, then out for dinner. Was fun and the day flew by...

Comment

Good to know you spent your time doing something you enjoyed, instead of in a funk. Being alone has its perks...I find more time to read, which I've always loved. I like Arabian's advice about keeping your sense of humour. I found that keeping my sense of humour was a great help in reframing many tough situations in a positive and beneficial way.

'Hoping you have have a great time with your children today!

Comment

Is THAT what anti-feminists look like??

Comment

Nope, that's just a pic of slugs significant other, after he became a she.

Comment

Now we have an idea of slug's preference in women. Well, to each his (or her) own...whatever.

Comment

Slughead I think you should try to tone down your ped. queries. No I will not send you a picture of me when I was young.

Comment

Always can rely on Slug to come up with something intelligent. You do make me laugh, give you that much.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X