X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant

Begin rant.

So yesterday Mom comes to get the kids and doesn't bring car seats for them, and she asked me to borrow mine. This has happened before and I have told her that it's not my job to supply that stuff when she fails to plan ahead.

I get frustrated because this is the latest example in a very long line of irresponsible behaviour and tell her so. After I say it's irresponsible and while walking away with the car seats, she tells me to f off. I felt like saying "your welcome".

When there's a PA day coming up and I remind her that it's her time, she says I didn't give her enough warning and she has to work. Like, who's job is it to know when you're kids are supposed to be with you?

So there are also times that I feel a little bad for her because she is going to have a tough time soon when the SS ends. Instead of paying her $700/mth (SS less an offset for CS) she will be owing me $500/mth for CS. She doesn't make as much as me and this will be a big swing. On the other hand, I will not allow her to be the way she is in most areas of life - irresponsible - when it comes to financially supporting her kids.

All told, it happens every time. If I do feel a little sympathy for her, she will inveitably do something soon enough that makes it easy not to feel badly for her.

End rant.

She sounds irresponsible and immature. There is nothing wrong with having sympathy for someone when they deserve some. Glad you took the high road though. If she hasn't planned for when the SS ends, that is her own fault and not yours.

It seems there is always one parent who plans everything for their child and rarely forgets anything, and there is the other parent who is constantly forgeting things and having to ask for help. My ex forgot her blanket for the past 3 exchanges and my sister had to go out and buy her a new one because she crying so hard she was puking in the bath!!

oops, I think I just hijacked. Sorry!

Comment

I''n totally with you. But I am curious to know how she drove them without a car-seat for them? If she just did it anyway, wouldn't it have been better for you to just bite your tongue and let her borrow them?

I mean, I totally get it. My ex is all dumb like this too. It's infuriating.
      But Kids with no seatbelts is just plain scary

Comment

I think dadtotheend is not complaining about lending the car seats. Its all about the attitude of other parent. My ex is no different when comes to things like this (she was like this even when we're married/together). Since separation she has never once remembered her 1/2 time during summer, spring or winter breaks.(she has already cancelled for good the mid week visits) Only this time I decided not to remind her. By the way, my ex does not work (because she does not need to). She always tells my son that she won't be picking him up anymore if he didn't eat certain foods or behave in certain ways. Lately, she has pulled a new stunt which is directly aimed at irritating me. She takes him for the weekends and goes to her sister's house who then takes care of both her and our son. While being there, he is given a choice either to share the bed with her and his aunt or sleep on the sofa. He obviously chooses sofa and body aches that come with that. Then she forces him to eat seafoods which he hates since beginning of time. He is throwing up after eating those foods and comes home with sick stomach. Then instead of giving him cow milk she forces him to drink soya milk. List goes on and on. I think last time around our son refused to obey her on these things which is why she told him that she won't take him for the 1/2 time during holidays.

So dadtotheend, get used to it and accept it as part of the package. The sooner you do that the easier your life will be.

Comment

Originally posted by singledad99 View Post
          I think dadtotheend is not complaining about lending the car seats. Its all about the attitude of other parent.
          Got that right dude.

She has already cancelled for good the mid week visits) .
          Mine too.

So dadtotheend, get used to it and accept it as part of the package. The sooner you do that the easier your life will be.
          Yep, just had to rant. Thanks for the ear.

Comment

I think he did lend the seats.
            Some people should not be parents.

Comment

Yeah, I lent them to her, seconds before she told me to f off

Comment

You called her irresponsible....she took offense and told you off. Bite the bullet....from what you are saying she's about to feel it where it hurts (the pocketbook) before too much longer.

She may be irresponsible, but technically I can see her point. Most people will get defensive when you call them out on their screw ups.

Bite your tongue til it bleeds and just keep that in the front of your mind...and come rant to us when (not if) she screws up again

God knows I have freaking HOLES in MY tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
                  You called her irresponsible....she took offense and told you off. Bite the bullet....
                  Yep. That's true.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X