working out holiday scheudle, how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working out holiday scheudle, how to?

I am trying to figure out how to make a schedule. Once you have decided who is going to take what for regular days and also the stats, ect and you are putting in your personal vacation time in summer or elsewhere. If the week you wanted for vacation falls on the other parents regular weekend, then do you typically give up a different weekend of yours for that parent, or do you not give it up, assuming that when the other parent wants a week, likely at some point it will also mean you have to give up a weekend and it will all even out eventually?

It seems to get really complicated in summer

You have our regular schedule and then you have your holiday schedule. Holiday schedules usually over ride the regular schedule. To make things fair you alternate every year who picks their vacation time first and have a date the vacation time must be picked by, like March 1st or something.

Regular schedule will revert back after holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Generally it is done 1 of 2 ways:

1. each parent gets every other holiday long weekend. Holiday weekends are generally defined as Family Day, Easter, May 24, August Civic Holiday (in Ontario), Labour Day and Thanksgiving (and if your province has other different ones, list them). The holiday schedule overrides the regular parenting schedule. Christmas is really the only one that gets treated differently, where it is every other Christmas the parents rotate Christmas morning.

2. the long weekends aren't defined. That if the weekend happens to be a long weekend, the parent that has the kid for the weekend gets the extra day. Christmas again being the only difference.

March Break is generally Parent A gets it in even numbered years, Parent B gets it in odd numbered years.

I have number 2. It is easier and means there isn't times when I have to go 3 weeks without having my kid because it was the ex's holiday weekend on my scheduled weekend. Both my ex and I prefer it as we had option 1 originally.

For holidays, my agreement provides that it is working days, not the weekends. So if I want a week, I either start it Monday and run my holidays into my weekend. Or I start them Friday of my weekend, and run them to the next Friday, where the kid goes to the ex for their weekend. Essentially, "holidays" only impacts working days.
      Last edited by HammerDad; 08-03-2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Here for May 24 = Victoria Day.

Always fall on the Monday preceding the 25th of May.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X