Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to find out if there is a Child support order filed against someone?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find out if there is a Child support order filed against someone?

Im a newbie at this, so thank you in advance for your patience :-)

My friend was dating a woman for 3 years & lived with her for 1 year. When they broke up due to her unstability & drug habit , he had nothing to do with her again. 2 years later, he is at his relatives house and this woman shows up with a little girl about 16 months old saying that this is my friends child.

Because the time calculation and the fact that the little girl looked like him, he would buy clothing, food etc for the child even though there was no court orders or legalease involved or proof that it was his child. My friend would not give the Mother any money for the child due to her hard drug habit etc. & had very little to do with the Mother, other than pick up the child for visits. The Mother, after about 6 months of the above mentioned actions, wanted more & more from my friend financially, emotionally & physically. Thats when she started to use the little girl as "bait" to try and manipulate my friend into involvement with the Mother. He refused and after many threats by the Mother, he decided the best thing to do would be to get out of the area. Unfortunately, at the time he did not have the finances or life stability to offer the child a stable home but knew that the Mothers relatives were taking good care of the little girl despite the Mother's actions.

It been almost 9 years now since any contact between my friend & the child. He has been thinking about changing careers & getting his drivers license. His concern is that, though he has never been to court or served with papers or anything regarding the little girl, that perhaps the Mother has put a support order against him that he isnt aware of.

How does one find out this information??
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X