This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most common child access

What is the most commom form of child access?
    I feel as time moves on I may want to have shared custody.
    She in leaving me in a week and taking the children.
    She has it in her head I will get them one day a week with no problem of keeping them over night on the week night as well as one weekend Fri to Sun every two weeks.
    In addition I would like to have the opportunity for more time then that. What is usually the vacation visitation for a year. I hear a number of people refer to 4 weeks....is this the case usually?

As suggested in the other thread, Grace and Logical Velocity gave you good advice. It will be much harder to change the status quo later on. If you want more custody than your ex is offering, then you need to take action quickly.

Comment

Chopper,

Why not go for joint custody, shared parenting from the start. 50/50 split. One week at your place, next week with Mom. You must get this at the beginning of your separation. As said before, it is very difficult to change the status quo once it has been established and it will cost you $$$ getting it changed later on.

Borrow the money, if you have too, to see a lawyer ASAP. Your children are too priceless to lose. You never know, your wife may already have a lawyer who is advising her on custody/access issues.

Good Luck, and keep us updated,
      Grace

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X