what does "every second week" mean??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BitHunter View Post
    ...I would like to exchange my ex to your ex. I can't explain this to mine...
    (
    For which one? I have more than one. :-)

Comment

OurFamilyWizard would be a good idea, as it has a shared calendar, that you both would be able to offer exchanges/changes to, and once those changes are done, you can see what the remainder of the schedule still looks like. Then you have those logged.

It would also help with the communication too, I'm sure.

Comment

There is a good chance that in my case a call to the police would result in dispatching the swat unit, so letting things get there is a very, very last resort, and I would do that only after a careful preparation.

Yeah, that might be a good idea, I'll try get her agree in a the printed out fixed schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
          For which one? I have more than one. :-)
          wow, do you enjoy divorcing or what?

Comment

IMO, I think you opened the gate for this issue by agreeing to give her the weekend.

The idea of a floating schedule is stupid. It opens things up to unnecessary issues and conflict by constantly having to reschedule the vast majority of the parenting schedule due to changes in weekends here and there.

Also, this is likely an issue due to people not reading the whole agreement. It sounds like you get EOW, but you also got march break, which your agreement likely provides for. Your ex is looking at the EOW clause, when the clause that is relevant in the march break clause, which likely provides that, in addition to EOW, you get March Break (in every other year or something). This length of parenting time overrides the normal schedule for its duration, after which, it goes back to normal.

It sounds like you've worked it out for now. But in future, simply advise the ex that March Break (and things like it) are in addition to EOW, and that the schedule doesn't change when they happen.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
              It sounds like you've worked it out for now. But in future, simply advise the ex that March Break (and things like it) are in addition to EOW, and that the schedule doesn't change when they happen.
              I have done that. Then I had to drag her to the court where the judge explained it to her that the vacation days are IN ADDITION to the regular weekends. Still, she simply disregards that and starts a fight when there is nothing for her to gain. Not an easy case.

Comment

Originally posted by BitHunter View Post
                I have done that. Then I had to drag her to the court where the judge explained it to her that the vacation days are IN ADDITION to the regular weekends. Still, she simply disregards that and starts a fight when there is nothing for her to gain. Not an easy case.
                I would just document and move forward. Don't allow yourself to get dragged into crazy.

I'd simply state when she pulls something like this that clause X of the order provides for Y, and that it is your intention to abide by the order. That should she unilaterally decide otherwise, you will seek the appropriate remedy in court if needed.

Comment

My SA states that neither parent will ever get three weekends in a row (except during the summer). So if my ex is entitled to a holiday on what would typically be my weekend, and she had the weekend prior, I would have the following weekend. Based on this I put together a google calendar, share it with her online and in print, and ask her to check it over. We don't agree on many things, but this works.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X