This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the decision final or biased by letter from lawyer

Have temporary interim custody after ex threatened to abduct children. Am unable to continue to pay for a lawyer. Ex has tried to get the OCL invovled by claiming denial of access and parental alienation ( both of which I assure you are false alegations), and only after I refused to sign away my rights to spousal support. The OCL has declined to get involved. His lawyer has sent the OCL a letter trying to get them to reconsider. This letter does not paint a pretty picture. Do I now need to also send a letter defending myself against the alegations, or will the decision stand. I am frustrated. And unsure of how the letter sent will bias the already made decision of the OCL.

Read between the lines, no doubt at the request of the other parent, their lawyer wrote the OCL. I wouldn't waste the ink canvassing the OCL, they have made their decision, not to be involved. I'd be focusing on finality and saving the ink for when it counts. If you cannot afford your current lawyer, perhaps Legal aid may be of assistance or you could always go Self Rep as listed in your username.

Comment

Yeah, what LV said!

Comment

Just heard from the OCL ... who stated that they would take another look at the application based on the letter sent from opposing counsel. So to answer my own question .... the letter has biased the original decision to not become involved. At this point in time I am not sure how much ... but was encouraged by OCL to also send a letter to defend myself from the false accusations.

Comment

If the other parent is lying about the Denial of access etc, then getting the OCL involved is not likely to change the status quo.

Don`t focus on the bad things that he is saying about you. You need to focus on the good things you do as a parent, and to continue the status quo you need to show that you will support his relationship with the children, do not bash him in your letter!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X