No announcement yet.

OCL dispute vs. affidavit dispute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youngdad, I cant answer your post, because I know nothing about OCL, but I am curious to know why your ex doesnt want to share custody or give you equal access.

Comment

Do you live in Toronto area ?

Comment

OCL dispute

This is a document that you submit to OCL, it explains where you disagree / dispute the information submitted by the OCL assessor's report. Include any proof you may have.

You have 30 days from the date that the OCL assessor files the report with the court to submit your OCL dispute.

The OCL's assessors and supervisor will review your dispute and reply to the information submitted. My experience is that they will disregard most of what will be said.

Affidavit

https://stepstojustice.ca/common-que...t-your-forms-2

https://www.lsuc.on.ca/For-Lawyers/M...-an-Affidavit/

https://www.familylawhelp.ca/form-14A-general-affidavit

The affidavit is to introduce evidence or reasons to the court, it is written in the first person and has to be 'sworn in'. For example, you need to have an affidavit to swear that the financial report you submitted to the court is true.

In your case I think it would be the following;

OCL dispute : Your reasons and evidence supporting each point of dispute in the OCL report.

Affidavit: document stating that all information in the OCL dispute is the truth to the best of your knowledge. You would bring that to any lawyers office, where you would swear to that effect and lawyer would sign. (look up Notary services in your location)

Comment

A bit off topic, but my ex filed a complaint with our CAS worker to have her removed from the case. It was reviewed by her supervisors and she remained. I noticed since then, she has a biased against him.

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
            A bit off topic, but my ex filed a complaint with our CAS worker to have her removed from the case. It was reviewed by her supervisors and she remained. I noticed since then, she has a biased against him.
            My lawyer had warned me that filling a complaint is a great way to get OCL against you. They don't like having their power challenged, and they often protect themselves then admit they made a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
              A dispute with the OCL isn't a complaint though right ? Wouldn't a complaint be with their college of social workers? Yes, I think either WILL make them MORE biased against you, but then again you wouldn't have to be filing either if they were not biased against you to begin with.
              No the dispute is not a complaint, the dispute is a legal formality.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X