Factum Book of Authorities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factum Book of Authorities

I only have 2 cases that I am relying on in my factum and they are about 8 pages each. Do I have to file these as a book of authorities separately or can I attach them as appendices to my factum since they are not very long? I would be very appreciative to anyone who knows.

I only have 2 cases that I am relying on in my factum and they are about 8 pages each. Do I have to file these as a book of authorities separately or can I attach them as appendices to my factum since they are not very long?
    It is your choice. In most family cases, the authorities relied on will be part of the factum; so the factum's index will read something like:
    Tab 1 - factum
    Tab 2 - divorce act section 15.2
    Tab 3 - federal child support guidelines s.7
    Tab 4 - Adamson vs Adamson case
    Tab 5 - Bobson v. Bobson case
    Tab 6 - SSAG s. 5.3

and it will thus all be one bound document.

Comment

That is very helpful. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
        It is your choice. In most family cases, the authorities relied on will be part of the factum; so the factum's index will read something like:
        Tab 1 - factum
        Tab 2 - divorce act section 15.2
        Tab 3 - federal child support guidelines s.7
        Tab 4 - Adamson vs Adamson case
        Tab 5 - Bobson v. Bobson case
        Tab 6 - SSAG s. 5.3

and it will thus all be one bound document.
        And they need to be bound with the black plastic binding spines right?

Comment

And they need to be bound with the black plastic binding spines right?
          Yes .

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X