No announcement yet.

Hi Newb with some questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after reading enough cases in CanLII to make her eyes cross my wife has an interesting question that may seem weird. Given the fact that my legal wife and I are now reconciled would she be considered my "first" family or my "second" family?

Comment

Given the fact that my legal wife and I are now reconciled
      Congrats on the reconciliation, hopefully you two have learned from the process, and now have some kind of agreement in place?

Comment

Thanks FWB however I think there is a misunderstanding, I reconciled with my wife after twenty years of separation. The issue I have been dealing with is with my XCL partner. My wife and I never divorced. I got back together with my wife after my XCL partner and I split up. I have been seeking advice for the issues I am dealing with with the XCL partner.

Comment

too f++ked up for me to follow

Comment

^^^language woman...I know it's a Fri night and all
            Last edited by FWB; 01-11-2014, 12:37 AM.

Comment

What can I clarify for you Arabian?

Comment

Originally posted by auroradiem View Post
                So after reading enough cases in CanLII to make her eyes cross my wife has an interesting question that may seem weird. Given the fact that my legal wife and I are now reconciled would she be considered my "first" family or my "second" family?
                Well seeing as your first family was your wife, your CL wife would be your second. I am not sure why it confuses you, your wife will always be considered your first family.

Comment

Hi All, I got served with papers yesterday. I have lots of questions but the first would be, is it S.O.P. to request a Declaration of Parentage for a Family Law case for custody and access? Everything I have found so far is related to same sex, assisted conception or fathers not on the birth certificate.

Comment

Hi All, I got served with papers yesterday. I have lots of questions but the first would be, is it S.O.P. to request a Declaration of Parentage for a Family Law case for custody and access? Everything I have found so far is related to same sex, assisted conception or fathers not on the birth certificate.
                    Forgive me I'm not up to date on your thread.

I think the only reason you would need one of those is if you are trying to say a child is not yours. Or it is yours and that's in question.

Comment

My XCL served me with papers for court. There was a request for Declaration of Parentage listed in her requests. I am listed on the birth certificate. So any idea of what gives with that? She seems to be asking that I acknowledge my son.

Comment

My XCL served me with papers for court. There was a request for Declaration of Parentage listed in her requests. I am listed on the birth certificate. So any idea of what gives with that? She seems to be asking that I acknowledge my son.
                        Seems strange...Just a reminder that just because someone asks for something doesn't mean you need to provide it.

Again without knowing the whole story this might be one of those things.

Comment

Oh well, I don't get it. I suppose there is a point to it but I don't know what it is. Our son is living with me, he has been since very shortly after we broke up. She is apply for custody or access. He is 16 years old.

Comment

FB_ this is the fellow who kicked out the common law and who got back together with his wife (never divorced from her). Big to-do about the house (locks changed, police called). I believe he has some adult children with the wife and a son with the common law. Wife now by his side helping him to get rid of/deal with the common law.... [auroadiem please correct me]

Comment

That is a rather abbreviated version but for the most part correct. Wife is doing research.

Comment

Does your ex CL have legal counsel or is she self-represented? Have you made a formal offer to settle?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X