Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our kid did this to my ex when she was about 7 and he met his new girlfriend/now wife. Our "Princess" had had him and his house to herself for over a year or so, and any new entry wasn't going to be allowed by princess.. I know she made it pretty rough for them. I wonder if it is a girl/dad thing?

I didn't get involved, but when he and I would talk, I kept propping him up and telling him he was the adult - his house, and it shouldn't be run by a child. They broke up for a while, the girlfriend moved out, but eventually they got back together and are now married. Princess does not run their household.

Sorry you are in this situation, standing.
    Maybe it's a time to reflect and decide what sort of relationship you are looking for - do you really want your next major relationship to be with someone who is depressed, and can't put you first in this situation? (and I don't mean to overstep by asking this).
    Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

I am not scared of being with someone who is depressed. I have been treated for it in the past so its not like i do not know anything about it. He did say that when he was with me he was happy so that is a positive sign, that he hasnt forgotten how to be happy. I know depressed people have their good days and their bad days. I am not trying to set myself up as a his lifeline or anything like that. Its not my mission in life to find people and heal them.

You are not overstepping to me, you are just asking me the questions that if I havent asked myself (i have) i should be asking myself.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X