X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a rant

Feeling bitter today and I just wanted to say:

FAMILY LAW SUCKS!

I have watched the family law system in action in my own divorce, in my current spouses divorce and with 2 of my friends in the last 3 years and I have to say that no matter who you are, male or female, and no matter what the situation is there is NO good way to get through the system. Somebody is always geting screwed over in one way or another.

Maybe when I recover from the numbness, I'll lobby for change.

It certinaly is exhausting: emotionally and financially

...and there is NO closure anywhere!

Now I see why people don't lobby for change; you are too spent, burnt out and bankrupt to care anymore when it's all done..

Rant away!

Comment

Bad decisions...

Good point Decent Dad,

If a person makes a bad decision that ruins peoples lives they are held accountable. I have been reading lots on bad decisions from judges lately that did result in the ruining of peoples lives yet no accountability, something has to change.

Duped

Comment

Perhaps if the judicial were elected members in office rather than federally or provincially appointed would make a difference. I think you may see accountability to the people.

lv

Comment

sucks

Family law does suck. I went to court, won a judgment and now ex still will not pay. In court the judge awarded me cost and some lawyer fees. He has not made these payments...so now I have to file in small claims. I just don't understand how a judge can order something and I have to still fight this...only a different court this time. I feel like a collection agent.

So when I went to file in small claims, they ask how have I tried to collect to date....I told them I called him, wrote to him and emailed him. They suggested I send a registered letter before I file. So I did that...then ex called police said I was harassing him!! Police called me...I told them what I was doing and they told me to not email...call...or write??? I don't get....all I want is the money owed. So small claims court it is.

Because it is not child support FRO will not help.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X