New to site, my situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to site, my situation

My ex left the children when they were 2 and 4 and has never had anything to do with them all their lives. I have 2 boys, now 17 and 19.
    Have been receiving CS through employment garnishment until June 2013 when he stopped paying altogether due to loss of employment and threatened to stop paying and is in default since June 2013. I have had them in sports all their lives - hockey, baseball and swimming and pay for all S7 costs on my own. I recently filed a motion to change to the respondent with no response after 30 days. My lawyer advised to file a Form 14B Motion without Notice which is to be filed either before or the day of the Motion. It was filed with the court March 21st. First appearance was on March 25th. As both parties are unrepresented, it was necessary to speak to DC. I told DC that my case involved CS and S7 expenses, that the respondent has outstanding court costs from 2000/2003, is in default and that I had filed a 14B in which he asked why and said he that 14B's are not filed until you have gone to court at least once and sat back in his chair and laughed. DC asked me if I would consent for respondent to have an additional 30 days to file disclosure which is necessary for case. I signed a consent for an additional 30 days which gives the Respondent until April 24th to serve 2012-2015 assessments and financial disclosure + response. My motion to change asks for much more disclosure (assessments from 2015-2010, job search records, employment records to prove he is not intentionally unemployed). So what about all the additional disclosure he was asked for in motion to change?Clerk assigned a cc for May 1st in which I understand I have to file a case conference brief 7 days ahead which would be April 25 which means I have until the next day to file and serve the documents if I understand things correctly. The consent also stated the 14b is not withdrawn without prejudice and may be brought forward later. I am very confused, not sure about the use of 14b and if and when to use later and also due to outstanding court costs I understand he cannot participate in case until he pays. Feeling lost in path forward. Any advice would be welcome.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X