Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long for motion to vary undertaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long for motion to vary undertaking?

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum!

My husband and I had been together 9 years. A couple of months ago I called the police to our home because my husband was out of control and would not let me leave with the kids. Even though he broke one phone against the wall I got to another and got the kids and I to a safe place in the house and called the police form there.

They charged him with assault, mischief and forcible confinement. He is not allowed to communicate directly or indirectly with me. CAS has closed the case and recommended that he get anger management. They told me that arrangement of visits is between us. But we can't communicate. I have no intention of going back to him. My concern now is the kids. I have done everything I can to support my children's relationship with their dad. I have set up weekly visits for him, offered as much access as he wants, I give him the family car when he has the kids. It is hard because he is staying at a place that is not very welcoming of kids. We have been using some friends to facilitate drop off and pick up. That is fine for the short term but is not a long term solution. A friend told him that I had contacted the VWAP office and put in my file that should he file a motion to vary the undertaking/peace bond that I would accept communication between us vai email or phone about the children only. I added phone contact so he can call the house to speak to the kids.

All of this to ask...how long does it take for the motion to vary the undertaking? He told this same friend that he started the process on Sept 2nd. My caseworker at VWAP says he hasn't filed anything but then she also said that my ex would know before she would because of delay in information being entered. I think he has not filed but is it possible that he did and it is taking this long?
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X