X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Mail Transfers

My first question is about transfers.

On a Visa bank statement, i'm seeing transactions being called 'email transfers'.

Does this mean that someone may have been making money transactions via e-mail? - meaning using their own personal computer at home and maybe buying something over the internet?

I use email transfers all the time - though not from a credit card. They are online banking options which allow you to shuffle money from your bank account to someone else via email and a security question. If you have these on your VISA bill, I would assume its the same thing happening - money being transferred off your credit card to someones bank account via email.

If you dont know about these, then it could be trouble. Call VISA and they will be able to give you details about dates, amounts and which email the money was sent to.

Comment

They could be buying something off the internet, maybe PayPal, or they can transfer from the VISA to a bank account. The person making the transfer logs into their bank account online, not their email. They could do that from any computer.

Comment

This is interesting considering how the household doesn't even own a computer and that the people involved don't know how to use one. But one of the has a close friend that does.

okay.

What about WWW Transfers? Are those internet related as well?

Comment

Originally posted by to catch a theif View Post
          Does this mean that someone may have been making money transactions via e-mail? - meaning using their own personal computer at home and maybe buying something over the internet?
          One does not need to own a computer or have a huge knowledge of computers to generate an email transfer.
          One can use a public computer or a friend's computer to make a request through most financial institutes for an email transfer. It is very easy and has step by step instructions.

Simply by logging onto the VISA site (or financial institution site) one could request an email transfer.
          They provide information on the person receiving the money, provide the receiving person's email address, then they send an email to the person stating that a transfer was initiated and they provide a PIN or password so that the receiving party can collect the money.
          The receiving person can either collect the cash or provide their banking information via the internet, on a secure site and the money would be transferred from the email transfer request to the receiving parties financial institute.

All done without human interaction, scary! But doable.

Comment

I understand. Either way, email transactions are done over the web and not the same as a bank transaction.

I still need to know if WWW Transfers are the same thing.

If anyone could tell me that would be helpful.

Comment

Correction = Email Transfers not email transactions.

sorry.

Comment

WWW transfers are like, pay pal, where there is a secure online party that transfers money from the payer to the receiver, kind of like a go between, a neutral third party that does all the work and can keep the payer/receiver anonymous.

Generally only the payer and receiver see the funds exchanging.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X