This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi my intro

Hi, I am a mom of 2 girls. My husband and I were officially seperated almost one year ago, after what I would say was a very bad relationship, from beginning to end. I will probrably be posting in the domestic violence forum a lot. I am so glad I had the courage to finaly get out of the abusive relationship and it is amazing how healing it is once you are out and especially the time I have to myself while teh children visit him (except when I worry about him doing things to them). Sometimes Love is NOT enough. I suffered depression and still am because I could not handle his mental health problems. I'd make him go to get help and they would just stick him with a diagnosis and send him on his way, he never really wanted the help. (He has 3 mental health issues). My biggest issue in the divorce so far is it so hard to parent children with him. It was so much easier when I was with him and he didn't care about the kids and was barely involved. He was much busier, lying and stealign from people and being verbally abusive toward me. I am trying to heal and trying to understand why I left it go on for so long. I also am trying to heal and find out why there is no help for people in abusive relationships like the one I was in. The law seems to give him a new way to get to me, its really rediculous. I can not do much to help my kids, except help them adjust to our new life. They are happy when they are with me and I don't even have to tell them he lies ( I know I shouldn't) because they tell me he lies all the time. Ok, I am looking forward to making some new friends on here with people who are going thru the same and getting some help with the legal aspects.

Thanks for reasing

hey! welcome!

sounds like you are chugging along

your girls are lucky to have a mom who thinks about their well-being, and relationship with their dad.

It will get easier, just takes time. Eventually, the court drama show will end - and you will start having a normal life (whatever that is!!!)

In the meantime, this is an awesome resource for information.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X