Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
    In the end ..

I have 50/50 and I'm LOVING IT. Still have an ear-to-ear smile about it. Priceless!

I'll figure out the money thing.

But when everybody gets paid on your next check .. remember that a portion of your tax dollars deducted from your hard work are going to my ex.
    Key point - your income is something you can control. The other parent - no one can control them.

Reality check:

60,000 1 child full table of: $ 546 or 6,552 a year. (11% of income)
    65,000 1 child full table of: $ 594 or 7,128 a year. (11% of income)
    100,000 1 child full table of: $ 880 or 10,560 a year. (11% of income)
    150,000 1 child full table of: $ 1,263 or 15,156 a year. (10% of income)

Many financial planners recommend that you save 10% to 15% of your income for retirement, starting in your 20s.

I think the flaw in your situation (systemic) is that the offset calculation should start off that CS is divided by two right off the start. Where you take your table amount for both parents and / 2. Offset fails to recognize the half the time the children are with either parent. It is an unbalanced distribution of wealth at times.

But, really, 11% shouldn't put anyone in the poor house.

Comment

I think the opinions of most people on here are extremely helpful to people starting their divorce journey. When I first joined I recall being amazed that we could read actual case law (CanLii). Even better when the case law is commentated upon by the people (WD, Links) as well as those who participated in putting the case together.

I hope that we get a judge post on here some day.... perhaps there already has been?

Comment

I do find a lot of info on here useful.

But I know for a fact Tayken and others have been very wrong in their opinions....such as their opinions on Links and his case. Lot's of hating and know-it-all type stuff .. the courts dont always agree with odf posts. So I digest what I read carefully then make the best decisions possible.
        You can take what you want and leave what you want. But, the reality check you need to make is that you are coming to this site for an opinion. If you like it or not. They are opinions. You have to retain your own lawyer and make your own moves. This site is nothing more than information and in fact, it is not even legal advice. It is a bunch of monkeys who bash keyboards. Some monkeys bash things that get put into case law that has changed some issues and benefited a large audience.

Some say they have... and that their matters are on CanLII but, won't share those links... The only authentic user to ever grace this site is WorkingDad. Everyone else are just phony. Great big fat phony! Myself included.
        Last edited by Tayken; 06-22-2016, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
          I hope that we get a judge post on here some day.... perhaps there already has been?
          I am of the opinion that Pazaratz reads this site at times. I know he is aware of it thanks to a stormy and confused mom!

Comment

Then you don't know me very well.
            Considering I don't even know your real name. Yes, that is a true statement. My observations are limited to this message form.

And I didn't say the judge had anything against welfare in the case you cited. The judge simply pointed out that the mother was staying unemployed intentionally and staying on social assistance and it wasn't okay.
            Again, point to the case law that the judge actually says that explicitly. He said it is not something that can be long term. But, you are reading into what was clearly written.

WD's great .. but lets face it....any litigant would have been in his case. His ex made his case for him...what a nut bar.
            Actually, this is where we will again disagree. The strategy deployed by the Applicant in that matter is in fact quite successful in most cases. Create a false status quo, corner a parent into getting angry and frustrated and have them do stupid stuff. In fact, it works all to well - so well that Justice Pazaratz called it out as a "truism" and exposed this conduct.

Most litigants cannot survive a trial like that. Most will settle out before and agree to crappy terms that can't even be enforced later. Knowing WorkingDad personally and having spent significant time with him I can honestly say - he is a rock solid person. Mind you, being where he is from he has been through things that would either kill you or harden you. Lucky for the legal community of parents facing tactics... it made him harder.

Good Luck!
            Tayken

Comment

I am waiting for Mr. Toronto to show up and tell it like it is... Wonder what happened to this poster?

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post

Most litigants cannot survive a trial like that. Most will settle out before and agree to crappy terms that can't even be enforced later. Knowing WorkingDad personally and having spent significant time with him I can honestly say - he is a rock solid person. Mind you, being where he is from he has been through things that would either kill you or harden you. Lucky for the legal community of parents facing tactics... it made him harder.

Good Luck!
                Tayken
                I wasn't one of WDs biggest fans at the start but he won me over with his way of dealing with things and his tenacity to never give up. If I remember he also had to take on OCL? His attention to detail and being able to rise above the emotional turmoil he was going through showed what he is made of. I cannot remember him once saying anything bad about the mother. He was so child focused it was amazing and more posters should look at his threads and see how it is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                  I am waiting for Mr. Toronto to show up and tell it like it is... Wonder what happened to this poster?
                  Mr. T's probably sick of the haters. He was paramount in getting my 50/50. He knew my case very well and we were able to back my ex in to a corner and have her agree to 50/50 while apologizing for her false allegations..avoiding trial. I'll forever be grateful for his expertise. WD unfortunately didn't feel like helping at all ... and I dont blame him after being through the meat grinder.

To answer your question regarding WD's case an Welfare.

I was referring to the judges words here. All I said was that the judge basically said it wasn't okay to stay on Welfare. You say I'm looking too far in to it, Im too emotional, etc. Not true .. just trying to explain the following words:

http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc...5onsc3684.html
                  And she has yet to fully explain why she is still on Ontario Works. She is an intelligent lady (and a resourceful litigator). She has some post-secondary education and says she was saving money to return to school.

l. She has provided no evidence that she can’t work, and admits at times she has worked. She has provided no compelling evidence that she has made any sincere efforts to contribute to either the outstanding costs orders or child support
                  I guess you can take what you want from his honors words. My ex wont be able to provide any compelling evidence why she's on ONWorks also. Thats all I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                    I wasn't one of WDs biggest fans at the start but he won me over with his way of dealing with things and his tenacity to never give up. If I remember he also had to take on OCL? His attention to detail and being able to rise above the emotional turmoil he was going through showed what he is made of. I cannot remember him once saying anything bad about the mother. He was so child focused it was amazing and more posters should look at his threads and see how it is done.
                    Yep. Any father that goes to the lengths that WD, myself and many fathers on this site are commendable.

WD had his stuff together for sure .. but again .. he really just ahd to sit back and watch the fireworks IMO..

In Justice Pazarat's own words:

I have never seen a parent in a custody dispute more effectively and consistently demolish their own case.
                    http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc...5onsc3684.html
                    We're not all that lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                      Yep. Any father that goes to the lengths that WD, myself and many fathers on this site are commendable.
                      I wouldn't put you even in the same category as WD. You settled your matter and never saw the other side of the doors. You haven't been through one trial let alone two (and soon to be three)! You had a lawyer. He did not.

We're not all that lucky.
                      She destroyed her own case because she didn't realize who she was taking on in the matter. Had it been another litigant she may have very well been successful. Her lawyer and her failed to realize whom they were litigating against.

Now, when WD walks past the lawyer who was her lawyer... He just hangs his head low and scurries on by. In fact, all the lawyers in Hamilton know him mostly now. He has gotten a lot of well deserved respect for how he handled himself.

I think hundreds of citing on CanLII speak for itself. They are worth more than 10,000 posts on a nameless forum. You changed your situation... Where WD changed the situation for thousands of others. VERY BIG DIFFERENCE.

Good Luck!
                      Tayken

Comment

• I'm not downplaying WD in any way.

I just don't think that it's fair to state that no other father could achieve what he did and in the manner he did it. You state that as if it's fact......I respectfully disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                          I wouldn't put you even in the same category as WD. You settled your matter and never saw the other side of the doors. You haven't been through one trial let alone two (and soon to be three)! You had a lawyer. He did not.
                          Yep. I prepared so well that I was able to avoid trial and get what I want (aside for minor CS stuff) .. which is usually the primary objective. WD was unable to accomplish this and as you said .. is still headed for another trial.

I'm very proud of that. .

I think hundreds of citing on CanLII speak for itself. They are worth more than 10,000 posts on a nameless forum. You changed your situation... Where WD changed the situation for thousands of others. VERY BIG DIFFERENCE.
                          My brief case was just as big as WD's for my trial. I was organized, ready to self rep and prepared to make waves n canlii as well. I think OP knew that and folded quickly. WD's ex wasn't clever enough to fold.

Comment

• OK...there is no need to steep this low. You got a result you wanted, and now you are knocking someone else for not???

Yep. I prepared so well that I was able to avoid trial and get what I want (aside for minor CS stuff) .. which is usually the primary objective. WD was unable to accomplish this and as you said .. is still headed for another trial.

I'm very proud of that. .

My brief case was just as big as WD's for my trial. I was organized, ready to self rep and prepared to make waves n canlii as well. I think OP knew that and folded quickly. WD's ex wasn't clever enough to fold.

Comment

• Originally posted by hopefull View Post
                              OK...there is no need to steep this low. You got a result you wanted, and now you are knocking someone else for not???
                              Hopefull .. got me all wrong.

I was told that I was well below WD and not even in the same category.

Just responding.

Comment

• Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                                Hopefull .. got me all wrong.

I was told that I was well below WD and not even in the same category.

Just responding.
                                Also Hopefull ... I think you're a newbie. WD actually did get what he set out for..and more. He's a hero and a mogul here in the odf community. It is the other father's such as myself that are being put down and being told that we could never perform as he did. You have to read the threads and be informed before you post.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X