Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patience

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
    Patience is the best weapon when you hold an order made on CONSENT that is more in your favour.
    Tayken
    I agree. Geez, I might use that line for my book (with your consent). lol

Comment

• Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
      ...Because welfare pays next to nothing. $990 or so for a parent with one child. Any child support that LF pays is taken directly off of her welfare amount. She doesn't get both...
      Not anymore:

Ontario stops child support clawback for people on social assistance | CTV News

Comment

• I wonder if this means that people who pay CS can now argue to reduce the amount they pay? The repercussions for this change could be significant.

Good luck ever getting someone off welfare now.

I note how the article didn't put in the Federal amount that single parents receive each month. If a person has several children they now are sitting pretty good and likely in some cases have more disposable income than the payor.

Comment

• Child support payments will no longer count as income for people in Ontario on social assistance
          Ontario stops child support clawback for people on social assistance | CTV News

What the hell? CS isn't considered a form of income?
          Abduction/False allegations (forcing false status quo---->Welfare----> CS, etc) will surely be on the rise. Why even try looking for work at that point? Clawbacks were the only tiny thing left that made sense to me.

Hope the courts are ready for this. They're going to get VERY busy.

Comment

• I don't believe it's considered income as far as CRA is concerned either, which is likely where this is stemming from. And because it isn't, I don't believe it would be used in family court to reduce the amount of CS payable.

Comment

• Like I said before, I dont even think your ex reported it so shes been keeping it anyway. The bigger question is if shes reporting her business income which is probably what is propping her up.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X