Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are incorrect in that ASSumption... I much prefer to be self supporting than to expect others to support me.

Comment

You are also incorrect in that assumption... But thanks for coming out!

Comment

The lawyer I met today told me the legal system is a joke. He was ashamed of of his profession. Marriage is no fault. Does that mean I can do "anything" and all that matters ia money
        Don't get married at last not in this country.

Comment

What do yyou mean "coming out" I am not a lesbian.

Comment

BUT THEN AGAIN??? maybe i should try this

Comment

You people spend too much time on comPuter gET A LIFE

Comment

If you took the time Janice to read other post on this site instead of jumping to conclusions you would find that not everyone is against SS... For instance Arabian is one person who deserves the SS she receives... She spent many, many, many years with her ex, she was in what was called a traditional marriage... Husband works and wife stays home with the children, plus she poured a lot into their business... Her contributions to the marriage were not soley financial, she gave up a career to raise a family. This was the norm when she married.

The problem I have is when there are short term marriages and people think they should get support. Why would anyone these days want to rely soley on someone else for financial security? With the amount of job losses, the state of our economy and the vast number of marriages that fail, why after living through some of the toughest times would you choose to be reliant on someone else? I cannot pathom having someone support me. I have too much self worth for that. We are no longer in a time where stay at home parents are the norm. People have to learn to protect themselves.

The lawyer is correct... But yet he continues to practice in family law... Why is that? Because it is full of unnecessary drama and with drama comes huge legal bills, which obviously some lawyers strive for.

I will marry, but what I won't do is give up my independence. I won't allow someone else to support me. I won't put my goals on hold to ensure my partner completes his goals. We are a team and part of being a team is growing together, not allowing one person to excell while the other remains stagnant. We both have total different jobs and work totally different shifts. He is away on many business trips and as am I. Very rarely to they overlap, meaning most nights one of us is waiting for the other to return home in the wee hours of the night. We have many years ahead of us until we both get to the points in our careers where we can basically coast. So far so good but no one knows what the future holds and I for one refuse to lead myself down a path that may not benefit me in the future. Which is why despite the wage my partner makes, I will continue to work towards my own career.

Comment

Originally posted by janice020204 View Post
                  Well there is more than one way to skin a cat.
                  He will have to start taking care of himself.
                  He will probably eat and or drink himself to death and then I will not have any legal billls.
                  You should consider going to trial. The case law you will produce will be very helpful to others.

Comment

Just a quick question. If you are now in a good space, in a good relationship, why are you wasting your time on this site?

Comment

• lawyer today said i had to go to court cause this guy will not negotiate

Comment

• I came to this site for information. All I got was venting. goodbye

Comment

• Hey Janice - sorry you were given such a hard time on here. Hope you have some success with finding a good lawyer. I gather your situation isn't common and you will need a better than a run-of-the mill lawyer. I'm sure if you persevere you will find truth, happiness and ultimately success and closure.

Comment

• Originally posted by janice020204 View Post
                            Just a quick question. If you are now in a good space, in a good relationship, why are you wasting your time on this site?
                            Because I for one enjoy learning. I never pass up an opportunity to learn something. There are many situations that may arise in the future and you never know when ugly may rear its head.

If everyone who was now happily in a new relationship left the site, who could possible give advice? It is the people that have been through family law and the courts that give the best advice. It is the people that spend time researching and understanding the law that provide you with the best case law.

I bet if you took the emotional stance, reasoning and sense of entitlement out of your post, you would gain some very valuable feedback.

Search this site for the "right fighter" thread, give it a good read and then start over.

Comment

• NAH, I would rather learn from people who know what they are talking, not hear say and gossip. Since you of the opinion that I am not "entitled', then maybe if I am lucky, what goes around will come around. I would love to meet some young guy 13 years younger than me, who will cook and clean for me and work for me for minimum wage and when I AM 65 AND he IS 52 I WILL EQUATE THE WHOLE RELATIONSHIP TO THE DIFFERNECE IN OUR WAGES OVER THE LAST THREE YEarS.

Comment

• So you were a gold digger? Thought getting with someone older, who had lots of money and assets, oh and three past wives, was a smart idea. Clearly that worked well for you.

Please do let us know how this turns out in court.

I must add... For being 52 years old you certainly act like someone much younger. The way you go off in this thread, should not be the way you react to him and his lawyer, as that will burn you faster than any of your other arguements.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X