No announcement yet.

Ex re-nagged on her approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks hammerdad, I will take your wording into consideration.

In the meantime, what to do about my summer vacation? should I still file a motion?

Comment

Now, I don't know of this is possible and others will be able to give you more advice.

Send ex e-mail with the set expectations of time date of pickup. Advise her that if she refused to send kids that you will then file a motion seeking all cost of the trip and the court cost.

By then you will have a lawyer in place and this puts the responsibility on her for the outcome of the trip.

That what I would do but I'm not a lawyer and others have more experience.

Comment

Originally posted by mcj2012 View Post
        thanks hammerdad, I will take your wording into consideration.

In the meantime, what to do about my summer vacation? should I still file a motion?
        In the meantime, I would advise the ex that you intend on exercising your vacation time as previous advised and agreed upon. Notice was properly provided and expenses have been incurred. That retracting her prior agreement to the vacation time is unreasonable and not in the children's best interests. Should she persist with her stance, that you will file a motion seeking to enforce your agreed upon vacation time and will seek costs.

Should the ex respond with anything other than "OK fine, they will go. FU you prick", you file a motion to enforce. It likely won't be an emergency motion, but could turn into one if you drag your feet. You enclose the ex's correspondence where she tries to blackmail you with withholding her consent to something she already agreed upon in your affidavit. You also enclose the correspondence where she backed out of you getting fathers day after she got mothers day. You then serve the ex. That may clue her in that you actually mean business and that if she continues, she will have to justify her actions to a judge, who likely won't be sympathetic.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X