is attendance required for TBST date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is attendance required for TBST date?

counsel has mentioned parties don't "HAVE" to be there for tbst dates. It is tbst re: status of OCL - whether they have taken the case or not.

Have been asked by teacher to volunteer in class and help students on same morning as my court date.

Counsel has mentioned at the tbst they wish to discuss involvement of OCL and set a date for the motion/trial etc. Other parent wants daycare and other costs on consent (good luck!). I am hoping for makeup weekend on consent for other parents contempt of denial of access (no formal motion filed yet) and exactly half of each month of summer for holiday access, with interim pickup drop offs to/from school. Things are really heated between us with the scheduling and holiday disagreements and with this going on for over 3 years now.

Do I really need to be in court that same day? Can the judge pressure my lawyer to consent on anything on my behalf without my agreement ? I've been told that it's good to be there and present at court dates but I do think this involvement in the classroom would be a good thing on me (if the other parent doesn't keep the child sick from school again on a day I'm scheduled to volunteer in the classroom).

Thoughts ?

You can volunteer anytime in the classroom. If you were present in court you save your lawyer (and $$) having to give you a play-by-play description of everything that happened. I'd go to court.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      You can volunteer anytime in the classroom. If you were present in court you save your lawyer (and $$) having to give you a play-by-play description of everything that happened. I'd go to court.
      Turns out the teacher provided the wrong date. I get to do both. Last chance to volunteer in classroom before school ends.

Thanks Arabian.

Comment

In general, I would NOT want to do ANYTHING that would give my ex a chance to be in court while I am not present. Who knows what could happen? Even if nothing bad happened, your presence tells the judge that you care far more than your absence would.

Comment

Always attend.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X