This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused beyond return

How things played out 1) court let him file on me with no response address, 2) 4 months later I get email about juridical case conference from a lawyer, 3) two weeks later a letter saying he had a lawyer along with response to counterclaim, 4) another 2 weeks later his financials with only 2 years attached. 5) the court withholds my second financials for a 3 weeks , days of phone calls i get them to tell me why "the l originals are missing' spend 5 minutes on the phone saying no they are there I finally here "oh my god I wish people would do their jobs" i am then told they will send them on since at this point my Jcc was in 2 days. All this time I am seeking legal advice and having everyone they can’t help me due to it being done in b.c. I call B.C told they can't help me I don't live there. It becomes so bad I call my MPP asking who a person is to turn to for legal advice and my local court house fighting me not wanting to sign my papers due to going out of province.
    Jcc I am called 15 minutes late (maxed stressing not knowing whats going on) it starts right from the start the judge talks about not understanding Ontario laws and has no idea what this "so called order means" it is a past court order for child support to be payed when he found employment and how he was to pay according to the guidelines. “This is a provincial order he says them says the wrong date. (it is in fact a supreme order. He then says I don’t have any financials or X i have 2 for her. His lawyer says here is my copy Confusion right from the start I am told due to my x signing his papers he is telling the truth in re guards to what I put down as his income. I was not given a chance to explain why I put what i did. I am beyond frustrated and confused at this point. the judge starts talking about child support then says to his lawyer" you know more than me on this what do you think" the more the talking goes on the more the judge says I don't get it wait I'm confused. I am cut off when I try and give my side of thing. I talk about my child just applying for college ( I am cut off told by the judge "I don't know how that is dealt with" Once again cut off not able to talk beyond the point of confused understanding this was supposed to be a open meeting for both sides, I bring up about the past order and not getting any support over the years, his lawyer says he was surprised I am asking there has never been an issue, I go to remark I'm cut off.( i don't know Ontario laws is what the judge says ) At this point I'm beyond over confused i just want it to end nothing makes any sense how it possible the phone call end with 6 months of child support ?? I got off the phone in tears crying not understand how any of this happened
    Am I able to do anything?? I was unable to make any calls the next day due to having surgery. Nothing makes any sense I am on Ontario works due to medical, since May I was trying everything and anything to get legal advice being turned away due to it being a divorce matter and out of province. So as i was asking is there anything that can be done. or just sign and go on with my life and hope to sleep again someday thanks

Maybe try re-posting and use paragraphs. Your sentences run on and, as a result, your post is very difficult to understand. All I can make out of this is that you are in Ontario but were divorced in BC and you are trying to get child support. You cannot get legal aid because you were divorced in BC?

Comment

you put something down as his income and he agreeded with it? Now you are saying bascially that you just put down a number?

Take a deep breath and try posting again. Use paragraphs and if it helps, put down what happened in point form just to make it easier for people to understand, dont put how confused you were feeling etc, just stick to the facts.

Comment

I did not mean to post it like

I deeply apologize for my earlier post I did not mean to post it like that I hit the keyboard when I shut the laptop to avoid my son seeing what i was asking and just now found out it posted

How things played out
        1) Court let him file on me with no response address,
        2) 4 months later I get email about juridical case conference from a lawyer,
        3) two weeks later a letter saying he had a lawyer along with response to counterclaim,
        4) Another 2 weeks later his financials with only 2 years attached.
        5) the court withholds my second financials for a 3 weeks,

days of phone calls I get them to tell me why "the l originals are missing' spend 5 minutes on the phone saying they are there I finally here "oh my god I wish people would do their jobs" I am then told they will send them on since at this point my Jcc was in 2 days.

All this time I am trying to get any legal advice, and having everyone they can’t help me due not knowing the B.C laws .
        I make calls B.C . And told they can't help me I don't live there.

It becomes so bad I call my MPP asking who a person is to turn to for legal advice due to my local court house fighting me not wanting to sign my papers due they are going out of province.

Jcc Day I am called 15 minutes late, it starts right from the start the judge talks about not understanding Ontario laws and has no idea what this "so called order means" it is a past court order for child support to be payed when he found employment and how he was to pay according to the guidelines. “This is a provincial order he says them says the wrong date. (it is in fact a supreme order.

He then says I don’t have any financials for X Has 2 sets for myself. His lawyer says here is my copy I am told due to my x signing his papers he is telling the truth in re guards to what I put down as his income. I was not given a chance to explain why I put the amount. Fact. I used his 2001 tax return plus info i found on what he has done to make money due to that is all I had to go on.

The judge starts talking about child support then says to his lawyer" you know more than me on this what do you think" the more the talking goes on between the judge and his lawyer the more the judge says I don't get it wait I'm confused.
        I am cut off when I try and give my side of things. I talk about not having any child support over the years and how our child has just applying for college ( I am cut off told by the judge "I don't know how that is dealt with" Once again cut off not able to talk
        I bring up about the past order and not getting any support over the years, his lawyer says he was surprised I am asking there has never been an issue, I go to remark about having past email requesting support I'm cut off.( i don't know Ontario laws is what the judge says )

At this point I'm beyond confused i just want it to end nothing makes any sense how it possible the phone call end with 6 months of child support ??

Am I able to do anything?? I was unable to make any calls the next due to having surgery. Nothing makes any sense I am on Ontario works due to medical, since May I was trying everything and anything to get legal advice being turned away due to it being a divorce matter and out of province. So as i was asking is there anything that can be done. or just sign and go on with my life .

Thanks

Comment

Anyone can file for divorce (even if you don't have your spouse's address) - there are legal ways to do that.

You have an order for child support from a court in BC? Did you previously file for divorce in BC?

Did you register the child support order with maintenance enforcement in BC?

What are you hoping to get?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X