Ex owes me money for extracurricular activities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex owes me money for extracurricular activities

My ex owes me money for extracurricular activities and she continues to give me excuses on a date of payment. When I ask her when I am getting my money. She keeps telling me "in the near future" but never pays a me. It's been over a month and a half. When I had to pay her, she'd want the money the next week no if ands or butts about it. My ex is required by our court order to pay for 1/2 of all sports and sporting equipment my son needs.

What are my options? I told her by email 15 days ago I want the money by this coming Monday (April 20th ) and if I don't get it from her I will go to the court house and ask a judge to get it from her. I am sick of asking her for it.

If I do that, am I allowed to ask for cost? For I will have to take off a days work for dealing with her continued none payment? And if I do file, what paper work will I need? I am in Ontario. Any help or suggestions would be a great help.

KCF

I wonder if small claims court may be easier?

Comment

Go see small claims. If you have an order you can file for garnishment. But it may have to be set in stone for $$$. Worth the time to ask.

Ate you the support recipient? FRO or MEP a possibility?

Comment

No I make more than her so I pay her an adjusted amount. However she owed me money for cost and the judge ordered her to pay so I don't start to pay pay CS untill July 2015

Comment

Take it off what you'll start paying her?

Comment

I wish I could but I use FRO.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X