No announcement yet.

other parent lost their job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Mom finds a new job are you going to drop the whole subsidized daycare thing?

In reality I understand what you are saying but the fact is on her time she can do as she pleases. When she gets a job she will continue putting the child in daycare or send to a babysitter and you don't have an argument. There is a reason why parents are able to do what they want with their time. It prevents the arguments between the parents, most times anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mom should loose her subsidy if she does not find a job within a specific time frame. I would double check your facts regarding the days missed. In Ottawa your child can miss 36 days a year. Should they go over, you are charged the full non-subdidized daily rate. Being kicked out for missing days seems a bit extreme to me.

Comment

Originally posted by motherbear4 View Post
        Mom should loose her subsidy if she does not find a job within a specific time frame. I would double check your facts regarding the days missed. In Ottawa your child can miss 36 days a year. Should they go over, you are charged the full non-subdidized daily rate. Being kicked out for missing days seems a bit extreme to me.
        you are right. let me clarify. the 36 days are split between the parents, so 15 each. but they also include statutory holidays.

so if I get my access increased, then there will be way more than 36 days a year missed. Say I get 50/50, then the child misses about 130 days.

I think each subsidized daycare wants a number of kids in, and if the kid is only there half the time, and the parents are paying for the other half the time, do they really need subsidized daycare? It would be so much cheaper to just get regular daycare and pay for the time the child is in daycare, as opposed to a crazy rate for the days that the child misses daycare.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X