This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to provide financial disclosure to ex's lawyer

Need advice on how to serve disclosure to my ex's lawyer. I sent financial disclousre via email - a zipped file. Same day I get her response, she can't open the file. I reply, copy the file to your computer and open it, I was able to do it and if she still has issue, let me know and provide alternate ways to send the information digitally (I want it digitally because it leaves a trail of what was sent and when). She responded after three days, 'we don't accept email disclosure and you need to provide hard copy of the disclosure'.

I have no problem with that, I am just concerned that they may go to court and say i didn't send them any thing, or the disclosure was not complete etc. ( I am not paranoid this has happened before with other communications with them).

So, my question is, how can I provide them the disclosure without running into problem of going back and forth with them, costing me money and heart ache?

just send it registered mail that requires a signature or by courier.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X