This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Ordinary expenses

Hi all new to this forum and having some issues .. other posts have helped me out a lot and for that I am truly grateful. I have a question to post out to you all. My ex is trying to get me to pay proportionate share of medical expenses for a child that is not biologically mine and who's bio father is paying support. I also have a child with special diet needs and she is requesting proportionate share of the grocery bill for that as well. When the child is visiting me I have to go buy special foods for him as well. Does CS not cover this cost? Is it considered a medical expense? Does she have any right in asking for these or should I tell her to take me back to court and let the court decide.

Your Help is appreciated.

Originally posted by 1crzy_ex View Post
    My ex is trying to get me to pay proportionate share of medical expenses for a child that is not biologically mine and who's bio father is paying support.
    You don't have to and a court will not order you to do so. The parents are responsible for the child not you. If the child has two parents who are supporting the child you have no responsibility to do so. Don't. The child is their responsibility.

I also have a child with special diet needs and she is requesting proportionate share of the grocery bill for that as well. When the child is visiting me I have to go buy special foods for him as well.
    What evidence based medicine is there to support the child's "special diet"? There should be a licensed clinician involved in the diagnosis and there should be supporting diagnosis before any parent makes any change to a child's diet. That is why we have the Medical Act and other various health care acts. There are very few situations in which a child's diet should be restricted and in all circumstances it should be guided by a licensed medical practitioner.

Before doing anything with a child's diet a registered PHYSICIAN should be involved in the dietary changes.

Does CS not cover this cost? Is it considered a medical expense? Does she have any right in asking for these or should I tell her to take me back to court and let the court decide.
    CS would cover it. Furthermore, the "special diet" would require a doctor to say it is necessary. Be very careful as parents who put their children on "special diets" without the assistance of a doctor or a proper diagnosis may have "other challenges" that are very complex. Make sure that any dietary changes to your child's diet is done with the full guidance of a medical doctor. If not, it could be entire bogus and dangerous for the child's long term health and well being.

A lot of distraught parents looking for attention will craft hard-to-prove or factitious health conditions in their children to get attention from a wide variety of people. Make sure your child really has a medical condition for which the "special diet" is truly required.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X