No announcement yet.

Dealing with Enforcement - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You people really are something quite disgusting with few exceptions.

I came here out of desperation and not wishing to discuss details of the divorce as I said but to try to find out what will happen now with enforcement at a very difficult, indeed nearly impossible time in my life when I'm almost next to suicidal but what I get from most including a "moderator" instead is bullshit judgements without even any real or detailed facts, pandering, childish statements about "getting a job", insults and attempts at lectures. Seriously? You claim to be a place to find advice but this is what I receive instead? Not one of you has even attempted to answer my only question excepting one person!

Just FYI to you all, even my ex admitted on the stand that I'm not unemployed on purpose and everyone ..EVERYONE admitted I've no capacity to pay but this still happened.

You can all go fuck yourselves. Your forum is as worthless as your opinions.

Liars and thieves in the service of liars and thieves.

Comment

Here is the information on the VAPS at the Family Responsibility Office (FRO) Ontario:

Paying arrears | Ministry of Community and Social Services

I realize you are overwhelmed now.

All maintenance enforcement agencies across the country have a standard collection process whereby they send out letters which are designed to grab your attention.

The collection process escalates slowly. There are many options available to you but best to contact and register with FRO. Either you or your ex can register with FRO. You might find by doing this that it relieves some stress. Once you are registered with FRO you will have no reason to communicate with your ex. Many people find this helpful.

Comment

Not sure what 'service ' you think the members here are in, but I'm sure we'll all be over here fucking ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
          Not sure what 'service ' you think the members here are in, but I'm sure we'll all be over here fucking ourselves.
          LOL now that's funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Imputed View Post

I came here out of desperation and not wishing to discuss details of the divorce as I said but to try to find out what will happen now with enforcement at a very difficult, indeed nearly impossible time in my life when I'm almost next to suicidal but what I get from most including a "moderator" instead is bullshit judgements without even any real or detailed facts, pandering, childish statements about "getting a job", insults and attempts at lectures. Seriously? You claim to be a place to find advice but this is what I receive instead? Not one of you has even attempted to answer my only question excepting one person!

Just FYI to you all, even my ex admitted on the stand that I'm not unemployed on purpose and everyone ..EVERYONE admitted I've no capacity to pay but this still happened.

I have been reading your concerns. I feel for you, I really do. I may be headed down the same slippery slope as you, I am not sure. It is stressing me out too. And I work and don't know how this is going to turn out.

Pardon me if this is going to be repeating a little, since you aren't working, aren't you eligible for legal aid or www.justicenet.ca ?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ever wonder why you are underemployed read that statement above a few times over. If you have this attitude with random internet strangers one can only wonder what you are like in the real world.

I came here out of desperation and not wishing to discuss details of the divorce as I said but to try to find out what will happen now with enforcement at a very difficult, indeed nearly impossible time in my life when I'm almost next to suicidal but what I get from most including a "moderator" instead is bullshit judgements without even any real or detailed facts, pandering, childish statements about "getting a job", insults and attempts at lectures.
              You should use Google: For people who owe support

In Ontario: Enforcement action | Ministry of Community and Social Services

Enforcement actions we can take include:

- garnishing your bank accounts
              - garnishing money you may be entitled to receive from the Government of Canada (for example, income tax refunds, employment insurance benefits, Canada Pension Plan benefits, and Old Age Security benefits)
              - reporting you to the credit bureau
              - suspending your driver's licence
              - suspending your Canadian passport or other federal licences (including a pilot's licence, as well as maritime and navigational licences and certificates)
              placing a lien on your personal property
              - issuing a writ of seizure and sale for property you own
              - reporting you to your professional or occupational organization(s)
              - seizing your lottery winnings, and
              - starting a Default Hearing, which could result in up to 180 days of jail time.
              Seriously? You claim to be a place to find advice but this is what I receive instead? Not one of you has even attempted to answer my only question excepting one person!
              Honestly, you can call FRO and get the answers you need. You can go to Google too. (See example above.) The reality check for you is that no one here now will be helping you with your mental health needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbGthv-dJp4

Point taken. No doubt that most of the posters on this forum are prolific mastibators so their is probably a lot of self fucking already going on. Our opinions are free if you don't like them then you can go find other opinions or simply use Google.

Excellent Ministry song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c3BCWx5Rpg

Thieves, thieves and liars, murderers
              Hypocrites and bastards
              Hey thanks for nothing!
              Morals in the dust
              Two-faced bastards and syncophants
              No trust
              Thieves! liar!
              Inside, outside, which side, you don't know
              My side, your side, their side, we don't know
              Which side are they? which side are they?
              Which side of their mouth do you suppose that it came?
              Which side of the grass is greener?
              You're like a great big fucking gun,
              Just waiting to get squeezed!
              Breathe, forfeit erection!
              Toxical injection
              Geriatric fuck-fest
              We still believe in lies
              Thieves! liar!
              Who started it? who started it?
              Which side of their mouth do you suppose that it came?
              Which side of the grass is greener?
              My side, your side, their side, no one knows
              You're like a great big hit of acid,
              Waiting to be Tayken!

Good Luck!
              Tayken

Comment

Dealing with Enforcement - please help

I hesitated to comment because I watched my support paying partner struggle with unemployment but your response has been eye opening.

My partner is educated and works in a technical field that is seasonal. He could have an imputed income higher than EI but fortunately his ex cant afford a lawyer. He was out of work for almost two years. He is mid-life with various health issues that make some jobs more difficult. He hauled ass though. He had three resumes he tailored for the jobs he applied to. He worked part time nights at a super market and in park maintenance. He went to countless job fairs, registered with every job agency in town and interviewed as far away as across the country. His lowest point was when he waited six hours in line for a job application code three days after abdominal surgery. His EI ran out, his exfiled with FRO, he depleted his savings, his kids accused him of being a deadbeat and he considered selling his house. At one point he even told me to leave him because suicide seemed to be his only answer. It is tough and unfortunate but you can still do something.

Perhaps your first task is contacting your local family services and speaking with a counselor. Second would be your local employment support organization to figure out your applications, resumes and job search options. Next would be coming to the realization that moving might be your only option. Finally, quit lashing out and take some responsibility. You can do something about your situation, your choice to fight the wrong battle is what is holding you back.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                  I hesitated to comment because I watched my support paying partner struggle with unemployment but your response has been eye opening.

My partner is educated and works in a technical field that is seasonal. He could have an imputed income higher than EI but fortunately his ex cant afford a lawyer. He was out of work for almost two years. He is mid-life with various health issues that make some jobs more difficult. He hauled ass though. He had three resumes he tailored for the jobs he applied to. He worked part time nights at a super market and in park maintenance. He went to countless job fairs, registered with every job agency in town and interviewed as far away as across the country. His lowest point was when he waited six hours in line for a job application code three days after abdominal surgery. His EI ran out, his exfiled with FRO, he depleted his savings, his kids accused him of being a deadbeat and he considered selling his house. At one point he even told me to leave him because suicide seemed to be his only answer. It is tough and unfortunate but you can still do something.

Perhaps your first task is contacting your local family services and speaking with a counselor. Second would be your local employment support organization to figure out your applications, resumes and job search options. Next would be coming to the realization that moving might be your only option. Finally, quit lashing out and take some responsibility. You can do something about your situation, your choice to fight the wrong battle is what is holding you back.
                  Excellent post, Rockscan.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post

Very well said. Very insightful. I am taking something away from this as well.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X