This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly separated and new to forum.

Currently trying to condense the short version of my story.

Was in a 28 year relationship with three kids 21, 19 and 14. We now work for the same employer and basically make the same wage except for my military pension that I am collecting.

More to follow.

Here is my condensed version of my 4 page short story.

High school sweethearts.
    Cheated on her when we were dating.
    Faithfull from the date of marriage.
    Typical relationship but had difficulty communicating during arguments.
    Wife’s attitude changed and was no longer interested in having sex (1 year of zero intimacy.)
    Implications of her having an affair with someone at work (through rumours, phone calls and emails from this man’s wife and daughter).
    Attempted to make the relationship work and move forward, wife wasn’t interested.
    Tried to find my ownership to how I may have contributed to how it went wrong.
    She still wasn’t interested and told me she hated me, wanted a divorce and told me to find someone more compatible.
    I accepted her decision moved into a different bedroom and found someone more compatible.
    We started to discuss doing mediation but has been angered that I took her advice in finding someone else and has since talked to a lawyer and is indicating to take the low road in this process of separation.

Comment

Hire a lawyer.

Get ready for the ride of your life.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X