Parenting Plan Format...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parenting Plan Format...........

So I have been Googling my butt off seeking a proper format to write a parenting plan.

I need it to be as professional as possible as the ex is very particular and picky and I don't want to give the ex a silly reason not to accept it or allow it.

Im looking for a proper way of writing it out?

Anyone have any examples or samples or advice?

I found some templates. But wanted to know if that is sufficient or should it be written formally rather then on a template off a website?

I am hoping that this will satisfy the STBX.(which I doubt it will even though she continues to demand one.)

I have provided a calendar like parenting plan on how it would look. I guess I need to add more literature stating the obvious ( I will bathe him at 7:30pm every night and I will drive him to school every morning and so on..........)

Comment

Gary Direnfeld has great templates!

Comment

I believe many people have provided sample parenting plans on this forum. Check out the "sticky" notations and/or do a search on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by OntarioDaddyMan View Post
          I found some templates. But wanted to know if that is sufficient or should it be written formally rather then on a template off a website?

I am hoping that this will satisfy the STBX.(which I doubt it will even though she continues to demand one.)

I have provided a calendar like parenting plan on how it would look. I guess I need to add more literature stating the obvious ( I will bathe him at 7:30pm every night and I will drive him to school every morning and so on..........)
          Donotmthink you need to state the obvious ie bathing at 7:30. What you need to state is that you would Pararel Parent. i think that is what it is called. In other words you and your STBX would maintain the same daily schedules regarding sleep times, names etc and you will also agree to similar parent standards such as " organic foods, no candy, no pop etc etc ". No horrow movies, limiting video game time. I am sure there are those on this forum who will give you the best way to express this. It is something along the lines of agreeing to bring up the child within a agreed upon boundries of family values etc etc.

Then you need to outline your care plan. Who will take cAre of the child while you are at work, how your work schedule will, be handled, what contingenirs are in place for sick days, you working overtime etc. etc.Keep it simple but keep it tight. Do not use any generalised terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
            Gary Direnfeld has great templates!
            Is there a link to access these?

Comment

Here you go

http://www.yoursocialworker.com/s-ar...nting_plan.doc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your Social Worker - Gary Direnfeld, MSW, RSW - Parenting Plan

Comment

Thanks to both of you!

Comment

If you can get your hands on it... O'Brians Forms has the most comprehensive fill-in-the-blank settlement agreement I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                      If you can get your hands on it... O'Brians Forms has the most comprehensive fill-in-the-blank settlement agreement I have seen.

I'm not sure if this is what STBX wants. She does not want to settle anything and refuses to deviate from her offer.

But she mentions not receiving a parenting plan from myself every time we are in conferences.

I have provided a calendar style parenting plan, but I guess she wants more?

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post

Yeah. Can't find any for free. I'm wondering if it's worth purchasing?

Comment

If STBX ex has provided you with an offer then you should have a parenting plan in it.

Just use that one and do the changes that you require. You can post it here without parties names and ask for the forum members to review it.

Comment

The STBX offers are in a form of an agreement. And I don't agree with 80% of the changes she made.

There really is no parenting plan in it at all other then what she wants to happen.

(Btw did I mention she refuses to mediate and or utilize Our family wizard?) she does not respond or reply to most communications.

So ..........

Comment

I have a generic precedent I can upload this weekend, but I've also got some feelers out to see if I can get my hands on the O'Briens.
                              Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X