This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I change signed agreement?

Is there any way to change already signed (by our lawyers and us) the Separation Agreement? I trusted her and my lawyer did not explain everything. I found that she lies so I made mistakes. Please advise. Thanks John

A separation agreement is a legal contract, which means you are bound by what it says and it can be difficult to change what you have agreed to in the future. You may be able to get it changed if there has been a material change in circumstances. As for your lawyer not explaining it properly, it will most likely end up as a "he said, she said" situation.

Comment

Did you read it through completely yourself though?
      Its easy to get caught out if you dont read the fine print

Comment

Originally posted by sco44
        my lawyer did not explain everything
        Did your lawyer just witness the separation agreement, or did he/she provide you with independent legal advice as well?

Comment

My lawyer provides independent legal advice as well but there were many changes on a raw copy. The final document was typed by lawyer of my ex and some details from raw copy where missing. I notice this next day after I signed the agreement. Regards…John
          P.S. Sorry, English is my second language.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X