court order ,and fro ,and ongoing support,pension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• court order ,and fro ,and ongoing support,pension

did trial,didnt argue the pension amount,it was valuated and ex is receiving 791 a month now.

judge ruled spousal support of 480 a month until i am 65 unless she finds a job(not going to happen)

2 kids reside with me since seperation ,and judge ruled cs into the agreement for those 5 years but no cs after trial.

so now i am paying 791 plus the 480 ,this leaves me with roughly 1500 a month to pay my mortgage ,bills etc from my pension ,as i am recently unable to work now(permanment handicap now) and only surviving on my pension.

couldnt afford a lawyer if i tried ,

i am basically broke and not sure if i can survive while the kids continue there education.

doing the figuring on the amount she is receiving ,it brings her up to the threshold of paying child support and if she is getting government disability she is making more than me.

should i go and get the spousal changed with a motion and ask for child support ,or is this a no brainer and i should be able to get legal aid now..

just some thoughts on how being the good parent gets you nothing .

thanks.

I would request c/s, that is pretty much a slam dunk. I am shocked that the judge wouldn't order ongoing c/s, it seems very odd. How old are the kids? It sounds as though they are college age, but unclear. It may make a difference on the judges reasoning, but not likely.

If the kids are still within the "child of marriage" definition under the Act, C/S is a right of the child and an easy request. The legal fees to obtain are also tax deductible.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X